• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the twin-20#ers were on sale Memorial Day and the smaller twinpacks on the 4th and Labor Day.

Or it may have been a dream....

my lowes ad for this week came yesterday and it shows Cowboy 20 # bags being $9.99... not as great as the TV deal , but if you don't have one nearby (or access to a southwest state costco where they have 40 lb bags of El Diablo for $11.59)

am I crazy or was last year's Home-depot Kingsford sale 2x20lbs for $9.99?

HEB is selling their central market brand oak and mesquite charcoal 6.6 lb bags buy one get one free. $4.87. If you ever grilled a steak over their mesquite lump, you would never cook any other way ever again. They are made in Argentina. I'm sure te mesquite is actuall acacia since it doesn't pop near as bad as the Mexico b&b charcoal

am I crazy or was last year's Home-depot Kingsford sale 2x20lbs for $9.99?

I think HD had the 2x20's for 9.99 for 4th of July or Labor Day last year. For some reason I remember the smaller twin packs being on sale at HD and Walmart for Memorial Day.

Yep...
Picked mine up last night. (Cowboy Lump, to be clear).
Made in Mexico.
The only issue I saw so far are TOO BIG of pieces, a nice problem to have, especially for the low and slow folks such as myself.

Back of small hammer.

TAP

Presto - big pieces -> small pieces.

YMMV

Back of small hammer.

TAP

Presto - big pieces -> small pieces.

YMMV

I've found that tends to leave too much powder and tiny pieces. I used a chisel and tap the back of THAT with a hammer. creates manageable chunks instead of tiny pieces

I've found that tends to leave too much powder and tiny pieces. I used a chisel and tap the back of THAT with a hammer. creates manageable chunks instead of tiny pieces

I just take a screwdriver and wedge in in between the cracks of the chunk and it and twist comes apart pretty neatly

This is the best deal I have found so far and just stocked up. My local Piggly Wiggly has the Best Choice 100% hardwood briquettes, 2 X 18lb bags, $6.99 for the twin pack. From what I have read this is Royal Oak just repackaged. That is .19 cents / lb

Seems like Walmart is going to have 2x15lbs for $6.98, comes out to $0.23lb, $.02 cheaper than lowes current deal. Not quite as good as last years pretty sure it was $5.50 last year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 382
PSA

COAL_zps66eba497.jpg

Carry on.

:rockon:

Seems like Walmart is going to have 2x15lbs for $6.98, comes out to $0.23lb, $.02 cheaper than lowes current deal. Not quite as good as last years pretty sure it was $5.50 last year.

I believe the $5.50 sale was the for 13.9 lb bags

nope, we had the twin 15s for .18 per pound last memorial day up here.

this year they are $6.98.

bummer, but kinda to be expected seeing the raised average price of charcoal in general

last year I could get the 2x20 lbers for $17.98 normal, now it's $19.98

$5.37 for an 18 lb bag of sams club/backdoor grill, now it's $6.49

:(

I went to HD for lawn care products, and the have the kingsford double blue in pallets ready, but a note says for sale on the 23rd. I asked an associate and she said they will be for 9.98. Not as good as the wally world, but if you cnt find them at wally (bc sold out), this could be you next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back