Thawing frozen meat.

How do you thaw your frozen meat? Check ALL that apply!

• In refrigerator

Votes: 31 88.6%
  • In sink with hot water.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • In sink with running cold water

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • In microwave

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Wrapped, on clean cutting board or counter overnight

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • In front seat of car on hot summer day

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's my answer.

NW_Alt.jpg

Let's you thaw and cook at the same time.

I put a frozen chicken in the sink late last nite to thaw. Inlaws love my weber rotisserie chicken. Cut open the bag this morning, and was hit by a smell. Didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell good either. Whole chickens are only a couple a bucks at Staters right now so I tossed it.

Better safe than sorry right?(We don't need sick inlaws)

I put a frozen chicken in the sink late last nite to thaw. Inlaws love my weber rotisserie chicken. Cut open the bag this morning, and was hit by a smell. Didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell good either. Whole chickens are only a couple a bucks at Staters right now so I tossed it.

Better safe than sorry right?(We don't need sick inlaws)

Fin,

You're a good son-in-law. Some in-laws would not be so lucky...

The Microwave to Defrost

Because of my busy schedule and lack of planning, I almost entirely use the microwave to defrost meat and fish and then immediately cook them. So far, I have experienced no illness, just tasty food. I found that if I use the refrigerator to defrost, something comes up in my schedule, and the meat I refrigerated ends up sitting there for a few days -- which results in me throwning that expensive cut away -- thus -- the microwave.

In grade school they taught us that when you put ice in a glass of tap water it will register 32 degrees until all of the ice is melted and only when it is melted will the water temperature begin to rise above 32 degrees.

Back