• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken & Lamb Rib (PBC PRON)

BBQDaddio

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Had a small PBC workout this past Friday. Wanted to test out the PBC so left work early to go to the Market. Grabbed two chickens saw lamb ribs on sale for $6.50 for a whole rack :) sure why not. Also grabbed a sweet potato and onions.

Was pressed for time as we usually eat dinner at 6:20 or so and it was already 3:45. Started the PBC with little over half full of KBB and lit 12-15 briquettes in the chimney. While the briquettes were getting hot. Ran into the kitchen and started trimming and removing the membrane and extra fat from the lamb ribs. Must have removed a good half inch of fat. Rubbed with olive oil and Pit Barrel Beef and Game. Ran back outside to add the hot charcoal to the basket in the PBC.

Left the lid off for 12-15 mins and put the ribs in. Temp was 245 and rising.

Split both chickens in half saved one side for chicken soup for the kids and the three remaining sides were rubbed with olive oil and Pit Barrel Cooker all purpose and Kroger seasoning salt. So two halves were rubbed with PBC seasoning and one was rubbed with just seasoning salt.

Prepped the Onion and Sweet Potato for hanging. No Seasoning just plain. Saved the onion peals and ends for onion smoke. <-- from BobBrisket

Everybody into the Cooker with the Lamb ribs at 4:45. Cooker temp was 285-290

Off to go pickup my two boys at school and day care. Got home at 5:30 and cooker temp was hovering at 285. Wanted to speed things up a bit so I propped the lid with a penny. Didnt get a chance to take any pictures during the cook. Cooker temp rose to 325. Ribs were pulled and probe tender at 6:00. Left the chicken in to get crispy.

The chicken was pulled at 6:15 with internal temps of 165.

Ribs were fantastic. Chicken was extremely juicy. Would have left it in the cooker for another 15 mins or so to crisp up the skin more.

Overall was a very good outcome considering the time restraint. Bad idea to start a cook with different meats on a new cooker with a short time table.

Thanks everyone for the help and tips.

Looks great. PBC is awesome. I havent used anything else since I got mine 6 weeks ago.

Looks great. PBC is awesome. I havent used anything else since I got mine 6 weeks ago.

The funny thing is I believed I contacted the same person that's was selling the Pbc on Craigslist. They told me it was sold already. A few hours later checked here and saw ur Pbc score.:thumb:
Did saint louis ribs and hot sausage this past weekend and it came out great.

The funny thing is I believed I contacted the same person that's was selling the Pbc on Craigslist. They told me it was sold already. A few hours later checked here and saw ur Pbc score.:thumb:
Did saint louis ribs and hot sausage this past weekend and it came out great.

Lol. I think that ad was up for a while. It took about 5 days for the seller to email back. Ive pretty much done all (ribs,brisket, turkey, kabobs etc.) except pork butt and it all came out awesome with minimal effort.

Lol. I think that ad was up for a while. It took about 5 days for the seller to email back. Ive pretty much done all (ribs,brisket, turkey, kabobs etc.) except pork butt and it all came out awesome with minimal effort.

Saw a lot of your post and the skewers are the one I'm most interested in. Saw some on eBay and itching to pull the trigger.

Also would like to try a brisket and a whole turkey.

Potatoes and onions too! Like dinner on a hook. Nice job.

Pretty much. We were eating dinner with rolls. Should have warmed them up in the PBC and could have technically had a PBC dinner. :blah:

But overall it was pretty fun and stressful cook.

Saw a lot of your post and the skewers are the one I'm most interested in. Saw some on eBay and itching to pull the trigger.

Also would like to try a brisket and a whole turkey.

Try some of the small mom and pop markets or Armenian meat markets around the SFV or Glendale area. They can be had for cheap.

Try some of the small mom and pop markets or Armenian meat markets around the SFV or Glendale area. They can be had for cheap.

Thats a good idea. A friend of mine took me to a small middle eastern restaurant in Glendale and we ordered the mixed plate. They served grilled mix meat from different animals on a tray with hummus, Tabbouleh and pita bread. So GOOD. Well now I have an excuse to go there.

Thanks again.

Thats a good idea. A friend of mine took me to a small middle eastern restaurant in Glendale and we ordered the mixed plate. They served grilled mix meat from different animals on a tray with hummus, Tabbouleh and pita bread. So GOOD. Well now I have an excuse to go there.

Thanks again.

There you go. Try Raffi's place in Glendale if you haven't yet. Great food always.

Back