• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tater Crust Quiche Inspired By Cowgirl - NOT Q

Guerr:laugh:

Do what you have done or roast up Vegetables of choice, lose half the eggs and use 250ml or whatever of cottage Cheese blended with the remaining eggs,
Lose most of your other cheeses and replace with crumbled Fetta cheese

Simple dinner last night. Jeanie posted a brisket pie yesterday and it solved my dinner question for last night. In a previous pork pie she had posted, I commented I had done something similar years ago with eggs, but in a microwave. So without further adieu...

Oiled a 12" CI skillet. Sliced one and a half medium Idaho taters and layered the bottom and around the rim. Since I was making a quiche like thingie, I put about 6 slices of thick cut bacon on the bottom (On top of the taters). Precooked this in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, I fried another 5 slices of the bacon, removed and drained, leaving some grease in the pan. In the bacon grease I sauteed 5 chopped green onions, green and white parts, added one chopped red bell pepper, an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms, a tbs of minced garlic and a package of baby spinach. Layered that in the pan. Then, I mixed 3/4 cup sour cream and 3/4 cup hot tap water. Beat 7 large eggs, mixed in the crumbled bacon, SC/water mix, and about 1 1/2 cups shreadded chedder. Poured into the pan on top of veggies. Topped with about another cup of shreaded Italian 4 cheese blend. Turned the oven down to 375 and in it went for about 30 minutes. Here's the final result:

Got a little darker than I wanted, but I think the texture worked out great because of that though. Here's the slices:

This didn't take very long to do start to finish, and was a great, and easy, dinner. Thanks for the idea Jeanie!
Oh God! You didn't eat that did you?:lol:

Back