• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rib Tips and Smoked Stuffed Bell Peppers

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I had some rib tips, trimmed off whole spares that I dug out of the freezer.

Decided to cook today. It's been a little while.

Also decided to develop a recipe for Smoked Stuffed Red Bell Peppers and try those too.

Here's how it went down.....

IMG_7342_zps3de20905.jpg

IMG_7343_zpse5d06aeb.jpg

IMG_7345_zps5743357d.jpg

IMG_7346_zps2e897ae9.jpg

After 3 hours at about 230d, smoked with cherry and apple......

IMG_7349_zpsed628595.jpg

Cut into pieces, placed in 1/2 pan, drizzled with honey, worschestershire, Dale's steak seasoning & soy sauce.....
IMG_7351_zps971aa3dc.jpg

Covered with foil and back on the smoker for about 1 1/2 hours. Smoker temp brought to about 300.

IMG_7352_zps383a51f5.jpg

on Large BGE at 350d.....

IMG_7353_zps00af3404.jpg

Out of the foil, ready for the finish...

IMG_7354_zps1757818a.jpg

IMG_7356_zps22702362.jpg

IMG_7358_zpse9e6706d.jpg

IMG_7355_zps20f55904.jpg

IMG_7359_zps89fc9516.jpg

After another hour on the smoker, the rib tips got tossed in THIS...

IMG_7361_zps17c6db7e.jpg

DANG FINE DINNER!

IMG_7362_zpse6fdd920.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Wow...great looking dinner! Like the extra efforts on the rib tips, thought you were gonna be done after the honey, Dales, soy and Worcestershire.

I would have never thought of doing that with rib tips:clap: I like it!

Wow...great looking dinner! Like the extra efforts on the rib tips, thought you were gonna be done after the honey, Dales, soy and Worcestershire.

I would have never thought of doing that with rib tips:clap: I like it!

Yeah, I usually just cook em like ribs...whole.
I just thought they'd get more smoke and sauce coverage. I planned to foil each "rack", but when it came time, I decided to cut and foil together with a "made up on the spot" braising liquid.

Too often the sauce burns in the smoker at a higher temp like 300, so I just tossed them and served em. Nice and messy like rib tips SHOULD be!

We were all lickin fingers and smackin lips!!!
My wife said at one point...."You got sauce in your beard."
I said....."AND?" :becky:

Dank You had me with your previous post of stuffed peppers and now you do this Not fair Awesome meal :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Yum!! Not sure what I'd hit first, they both look sooo tasty! Nice job. :-D

Looks great Kempis! Glad to see that the sauce I sent you survived the trip and that you put it to use. :thumb:

Beautiful looking. I found a store close by that sells the rib tips 2 per cryopak for around $1.40/lb. Gonna have to stock up.

Looks great Kempis! Glad to see that the sauce I sent you survived the trip and that you put it to use. :thumb:

YES! I liked it too. Thanks again for that John!

Beautiful looking. I found a store close by that sells the rib tips 2 per cryopak for around $1.40/lb. Gonna have to stock up.

These were all just trimmings from whole spares. I end up with quite a bit of trimmings and it's great to get some "free" meat from the freezer once in a while.

Back