• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How do you get the perfect chicken thigh?

Would it not be hilarious to turn in Peeps to judges if you KNEW you eff'ed up your chicken entry? One day when I just don't quite give a chit... :becky:

Would it not be hilarious to turn in Peeps to judges if you KNEW you eff'ed up your chicken entry? One day when I just don't quite give a chit... :becky:

With that thought in mind, just fired off an e-mail to Peeps that they also need a line of Moos and Oinks.:wink:

At the FBA FunCook

Pics from the FBA Funcook... The Reps were made aware of the peeps and went along with it. This was the annual Funcook and membership meeting.

Attachments

• Funcook10 012 (Medium).jpg
    Funcook10 012 (Medium).jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Funcook10 013 (Medium).jpg
    Funcook10 013 (Medium).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 138
  • Funcook10 014 (Medium).jpg
    Funcook10 014 (Medium).jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 137
I use a buttermilk marinade for at least 6 hours and a smoked paperika and spicy herb rub, I cook at 225-250. 2hrs on the grate with heavy peach and hic smoke, then 2 hours in a butter bath with added rub in a covered almn pan, finnish with a hot sear and apple spritz and let them rest about 30-to45 min in a hotbox then box and spritz and pray
RR

Pics from the FBA Funcook... The Reps were made aware of the peeps and went along with it. This was the annual Funcook and membership meeting.

I will have to remeber that for our spring practice cook !

:thumb: Good times, good times... :thumb:
:clap2::laugh::bounce:​

As I recall Ford posted something about this in Qtalk sometime back. I don't have time to find the post but I'm sure that anyone who wants to do the work can find it. In fact, I recall that he pretty much lays out all you would need to know so long as you put in some practice to get the techniques to work for your particular situation.

I use a buttermilk marinade for at least 6 hours and a smoked paperika and spicy herb rub, I cook at 225-250. 2hrs on the grate with heavy peach and hic smoke, then 2 hours in a butter bath with added rub in a covered almn pan, finnish with a hot sear and apple spritz and let them rest about 30-to45 min in a hotbox then box and spritz and pray
RR

So it takes you 6 hours to cook your chicken not including the marinade? The peeps are looking better & better...

This one time, at Battle of the BBQ Brethren, these guys from The Hot Dog Truck team turned a rubber chicken in. Not sure how the skin was but it was funny as hell.

Back