• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American royal

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Thinking ahead for upcoming season. My second year of comptetion bbq my goal is to win one grandchampionship. My question is I would love to compete at the royal. Would you recommend signing up for the open as soon as its avaible? Thanks

Teams that were there last year have till sometime in June to register for their same spot. Keith

Question. Lets say we did't register for the Open before it sells out, then we win a GC, then decide to compete in the Invitational, do they let you cook the Open?

Question. Lets say we did't register for the Open before it sells out, then we win a GC, then decide to compete in the Invitational, do they let you cook the Open?

The deadline for winning for the current Invitational year is end of July.I dont remember if they have sold out before then . HWat happened in previous years may have changed as theres been some changes there recently .If you are worried give em a call. I think we are planning on going this year .

No, you have to register for the open before it sells out. Also, you only get a 20x20 spot for the invitational. If you want more space, power, etc. you have to purchase that by signing up for the open. Neither contest has an entry fee. You are basically paying for your space via the sign up for the Open.

The invitational cut off is the end of July, but the Open slots start being offered in April, and they will sell out by June - so you have to do a bit of gambling and sign up for the Open by June.

Back