• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rolled Rump roast

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well for supper tonight I figured I'd Q up this rolled rump roast I had thawed out. Was going to let the wife toss it in the crock pot while I was harvesting, but circumstances caused that not to happen.
So here we go :heh:

Here is the roast rubbed with BPS Desert Gold and Money rub. I really like this mix 50/50 on beef.

So onto the POS offset for a medium temp cook.

Thanks guys, going to do some double baked, Q'd, potatoes to go with it too I'm thinkin'

I'm thinking the 165-180 area. I'd like it to be more rare but the wife is pregnant and says she needs it to be more on the well side of medium. So as OWMBO says........

Looks good. Interesting that you have no liquid in the pan underneath. Just my 2 cents, but if you have some water, beer stock or the like in the pan then drop carrots, potato chunks, onion and whatever else you like in the pan with a bit of salt and pepper about half way through the cook you end up with some nice goooge in the pan to go with that sweet roast. I take mine to about 185 so that it can just be broken up in the pan with the "healthy stuff" mmmmmmm just looking at yours is making me want to got get one... but then again the whiskey is taking a hold.

Jed, you've got that right Brother :mrgreen:

FatCoyote, I have the pan there to catch any juices, but this roast doesn't seem to be dripping too much. I did high heat it at the beginning, so it's kinda sealed up ya know.
But you're idea sounds amazingly good thanks

I have a rolled rump roast in the freezer. Now I have a plan for it.

Thanks I figured that 185 was going to be the temp. Dang I'm right today :laugh:

Get to it farmer!

Thanks, hope all's well with you.
This would have been easier with that sweet lil UDS you got. the wind is making me fight the fire so to speak

Back