• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I bought myself a b-day present

Terry The Toad

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I recently had a birthday, and decided to buy myself a couple of Lodge CI pizza pans. We broke them in yesterday for dinner.

We made 3 pizzas... two on the new CI pans and one on the pizza stone.

Cast iron pizza is awesome, but then, I like a nice a nice crispy crust.

Sorry for the lack of pics... this is the only one I have (thanks to my son - he snapped this one for his Facebook page.)

Pizza.jpg

Thanks for looking!

How do you find the bottom of the crust comes out with the CI as opposed to the stone? They look delicious! And Happy belated! :wink:

Thanks, Tish. :-D

The stones on the smoker work pretty well, but I have to give the edge to the CI (for crispiness.) Also, this was the first cook on those pans, and the pizza did not stick at all. I even slid one from the CI onto a cooling rack. It came right off the pan without a problem. Of course, these were the pre-seasoned Lodge pans (this was my first purchase of a pre-seasoned pan, but I can now say I highly recommend them!)

We've cooked pizza on CI frying pans and griddles before - that's why I knew I wanted to go ahead and invest in the pizza pans.

I'm a huge fan of CI. Thanks for the recommendation! :thumb:

Once I got this CI pizza pan I was able to perfect the pizzas I cook on my kettle. Always put it on cold so the top cooks perfect and the bottom never burns. Greatest pan ever for bbq pizza IMHO.

Back