• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Myron Mixon speed brisket

BayoustateBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I did my first powercook myron mixon brisket. He says to hell spending 18 hours on a 14 lb brisket.

Injected it with the beef broth injection, set over night
Put the rub on and let set in the fridge for 4 hours
Meanwhile brought the smoker up to 350 degrees and got the smoke rolling
Maintained the 350 degree heat for 2.5 hours
wrapped and let cook an additional 1.5 hours until the temp at the point was 205*
Took it out wrapped it with a blanket for 1 hour, her recommends 4

Actually one of the most tender brisket's I've done compared to the 225 method

521855_309754355793633_1861918222_n.jpg

That's a fast cook! Glad it worked out for you! Nice smoke ring.

How much trimming did you do?

Awesome cook, How was the smoke flavor? I love me some fast briskets for comp Cookin. The 4 hr rest really allows the brisket to soak alot of juice back up. Once you go Hott and fast, low and slow just don't cut it anymore.

at a int temp of 205 at the point, no issue with cutting a comp slice? Any time I did hot n fast I had great flavor however texture issues and had to bring down int to 180 or so to get my slices to hold together..was this brisket aged? I use aged maybe thats the difference?

Thanks everyone. It was just a typical store bought packaged 14 pound brisket. It did have a lot of hard fat on it which I cut off leaving about 1/4 of fat. it had some decent marbling in it but certainly not even close to wagu. Smoke flavor was perfect.I used a combo of pecan and applewood. As far as texture you could pick up a piece with tongs and it wouldn't break in half but you could take a bite out without resistance. Perfect moisture content. Probably one of the best pieces i've done

What did you cook it on? I wanna try it on my UDS, scared cooking it at 350 without a water pan...

Back