Minion Meathead

DevineSwine

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The Minion Method is my main means of cooking for the most part. Do you guys use this often as well or is there something else that works good?

In the UDS I do and I guess you could call the Ring of Fire a Modified version of it and I use that in old Sputnick1.

never felt a need to find something else. I would consider a ring of coals a form of the minion method.

In the UDS I put a coffee can, with both ends cut out, into the center of the basket, pour unlit coals around it and pour the lit coals into the can. Pull out the can and the coals will ignite from inner to outer and keep the UDS at about 275 for around 16 hours...which is really longer than I ever want to cook. Coal basket is 18" round by 12" tall and will hold 20# of Kingsford, although I usually only fill it half way.

:thumb:

In the UDS I put a coffee can, with both ends cut out, into the center of the basket, pour unlit coals around it and pour the lit coals into the can. Pull out the can and the coals will ignite from inner to outer and keep the UDS at about 275 for around 16 hours...which is really longer than I ever want to cook. Coal basket is 18" round by 12" tall and will hold 20# of Kingsford, although I usually only fill it half way.

:thumb:
I am going to try this I like the idea

Back