• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2010 Suncoast BBQ Bash - Venice, FL - April 16-17

W

WhiskeyBentBBQ

1st year event but I know from talking to the Don, event organizer, they seem to have everything together for a great competition. We will only have two team members and won't be coming in until about 7 PM Friday night but we are going to make a run at it.

I'll be there running solo. Dan from Rub Me Tender may come out and help. See you there.

Heavenly Hog - Look forward to seeing you there. Dan should come out and help. Maybe he will pick up a tip or two. :p. Good to see you stepping up to Pro. Best of luck at the event. Let's have a Beverage or two after turn in's on Saturday.

Rub Me Tender - You are correct that I do always have adequate supplies of whiskey on board the trailer but definitely not during prep or turn in's. I already have way too hard a time with getting those right. Hope to see you out there.

I guess we are cooking out here now. Looks to be a great event from what I'm hearing.
If I do well enough look for my cooking class........

This will be my first attempt at a 1 legged cook.
See you all there!

we're in bringing fri noon chad will help with anything you need.

Rub - Looks like the playing field is finally leveled with you having to cook one legged. :p

Smoke Showin' - Looking forward to seeing you guys. It has been a few comps. Hope all is well.

We will be there, going to the pro side. I'm bringing the egg to go along with the Hog Whisperer.

Can't make this event. A little too far for me this time around. But I have a question for ya Chad.
Who ya gonna get to wake ya in the middle of the night :doh:when your Guru alarm goes off? :noidea:
Thanks for the T-shirt!! :bounce:

Hmmm...that is a good point Redheart. Hopefully their will be another kind soul that gets annoyed with that beeping noise and let's me know...:-D

Most Cook Team confirmations went out last night (04/01) by email. Judge confirms to follow.
Shaping up to be a good first year contest.

The Venice Suncoast BBQ Bash is now a Jack Daniels qualifier!

All team slots are now full so no more new teams but any who are now entered will be eligable for the JD selection if they win....

That is great news! Good work to Don and Ray for getting this first year contest filled up and making it a Jack qualifier.

We are looking forward to a fun weekend!

Ditto what Chadley said! Great job to Don on getting the proclamation!

I sitting at an airshow in Lakeland right now and will be here till Sunday.... wish i could be there. I'm starting to think these Whisky bent over boys need to get their bottoms spanked proper like....:) Hmmm gonna have to look at the schedule and come out swingin.....
Great Job Don.....good luck to everyone

Jimmy - We did get a dose of reality last weekend in Tavares. Maybe we can both make it to Suwannee and see who wins that boat oar this year and dolles out the spanking! :p

Look forward to seeing you at a contest soon. Enjoy Sun-n-Fun, I lived about a tenth of a mile from it for the first 20 years of my life so it lost it's luster to me many, many years ago.

Enjoy Sun-n-Fun, I lived about a tenth of a mile from it for the first 20 years of my life so it lost it's luster to me many, many years ago.

Experimental planes a tenth of a mile from your house? Thats where the drinking started.......

Back