• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Android App Just Released

Success! The new version 1.4 did the trick. Thanks, moontz!! :grin:

Another iPhone user chiming in, all I want for Christmas...... LOL. Looks great from what I can tell, can't wait!

Version 1.4 resolved my download issues. Installed perfectly now, thanks! I can't wait to try it out!!

Just a quick note. The OS was not the issue. Pit Pal supports anything >= Android 2.2

For those interested:

Issue was because one of the pit pal features allows you to take pictures of your food and tie them to your cook log. Because of this, the app requires the camera feature and for some odd reason, some phones & tablets (galaxy proclaim, nexus 7 for example) are not recognized having that camera feature on the app store so it was showing as incompatible.

So I made the camera feature "not required" so it will be able to download properly and then doing an internal check for the camera availbility before snapping the photo.

Downloading onto my RAZR MAXX as I type this. I will give it a shot this weekend. Thank you!

Just installed and played with it on my Samsung S3 - looks great and runs perfect!

I like some of the update suggestions that have been voiced, look forward to seeing them in future updates! :thumb:

You sure this app doesn't phone home with all our BBQ notes and tricks? haha

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

LOL, if it didnt already, it will soon now. And we wont tell anyone that it does that, if you send the data to us :biggrin1:. On a serious note, I am testing it out this weekend, thanks.

I love this. Haven't cooked with it yet (just got it today) but ran a short test and looks great. One thing i've noticed is in the notification setting screen for the foods, it seems like when you set it for say ten minutes, the alarm will go off ten minutes after you set it, not ten minutes "into the cook" as the text would lead me to believe. If I am mistaken, forgive me, like i said, just played a little today. :)

I run my own separate fire control blower that is purely analog and doesnt have outputs for anything. I use a maverick probe for taking temps separately as well. They don't talk but it would be cool if there was a piece of hardware I could build or buy reasonably that would not control anything, but just basically be the maverick unit with wifi. That way I could have tracking enabled.

LOL, if it didnt already, it will soon now. And we wont tell anyone that it does that, if you send the data to us :biggrin1:. On a serious note, I am testing it out this weekend, thanks.

Ha, I missed that original post. I see the humor in the comment but seriously though we would never do that and honestly never crossed our mind. We put a lot of work into the app and are not going to risk ruining its (and our) reputation. We dont store any cook data outside of your local private device database (you can turn your data connection off while using and see the application still functions as designed).

Thanks a ton to those who have left ratings & reviews on the app store. If you use the app and like it please leave a rating. We put a lot of work into it and offering it for free so it helps motivate us to do more :-D

And thanks to those also who liked our farkbook page.

A couple posts back someone ask ab out the Kindle Fire, any luck with that? Buying one for my Daughter for Christmas.

A couple posts back someone ask ab out the Kindle Fire, any luck with that? Buying one for my Daughter for Christmas.

Just as a test I side loaded this on a Kindle Fire (first model) and it loaded fine and opened and looks to be working. I don't have a Wi-Fi probe so can't test that. Simply did a backup of the app from my phone and transferred it to the Fire and installed it.
I'm not a developer working on this app, just noticed it being mention and thought I would try it to see if it works.

Did a cook last night. Did I remember to use the app? Damn...

I really want to try it out, looks pretty neat, just have to remember next time I do a cook.

Did a cook last night. Did I remember to use the app? Damn...

I really want to try it out, looks pretty neat, just have to remember next time I do a cook.

Same here, smoked ribs over the weekend, app was installed but I forgot:doh: I think the miller lite got in the way

WOW! Just downloaded it and I can't friggin' wait to use it this weekend!

I get to throw my clipboard away!!!

iPad crew waiting here too.

Back