• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Class Two raffle opportunities for Chicago Class

Rub has now added another GC this weekend at the Triple Crown Championship. In his last 7 contests he has won four GCs, two RGCs, and one 3rd overall. Four contests and 3 GCs and 1 RGC since this thread was started.

Big question: What are you waiting for? :wink:

I am very happy to say that all of the tickets benefiting the Corliss Johnson Memorial Foundation have been purchased! Thank you so much guys!

Wooo Weee!!! Thanks for the last donation to Corliss Johnson Foundation. We really appreciate it Steve. Maybe, just maybe, if we can get the next 15 tickets sold for IBBQA soon, we can convince some people to let us pull some tickets early so those lucky people who won can make some travel arrangements. Don't hesitate to miss out on this opportunity. Thanks again for the support. HEre is the updated list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Av9KhQWPOqbVdDJMRUxmS3VzZlFiYjZDS1QxWmF2d2c&output=pdf

Maybe, just maybe, if we can get the next 15 tickets sold for IBBQA soon, we can convince some people to let us pull some tickets early so those lucky people who won can make some travel arrangements. Don't hesitate to miss out on this opportunity.

Agreed.
If I would happen to get drawn, my ticket will be up for sale. And I will donate the price I get for it back to Scottie!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Glad to see both lists filling up. If they fill up early, I would greatly appreciate an early drawing since I would be coming in from Pennsylvania.

Looks like word is spreading fast the the raffle tickets are almost all sold. The donations are coming in quickly. Thank you Steve and Team Four LLC for your support.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Av9KhQWPOqbVdDJMRUxmS3VzZlFiYjZDS1QxWmF2d2c&output=pdf

A little more about what IBBQA does outside of Operation BBQ Relief type situations. I received an email this morning asking if some of it's members would donate cooked ribs on Sunday. Many of the members are putting together a "Home for Christmas" banquet where they are "adopting" some homeless guests for Christmas and feeding them a nice home cooked BBQ rib dinner, per request. They will spend some time with our volunteers, be served a nice hot BBQ dinner cooked by our members, provided live entertainment, and receive a personalized gift. Something to give back and give those who lost, essentially everything, a little joy around Christmas.

Just wanted to give everyone a chance to purchase some last minute stocking stuffers. Why buy scratch off lottery tickets to win $10 when you spend $25, help out a good cause, and have better odds to win a seat valued at $500.

• Thanks
I just wanted to do a followup with the IBBQA event that took place this past weekend.

"Last week we asked that IBBQA Members help out and support an event which we had been asked to provide food for. Barry Sorkin from Smoque BBQ as well as Charlie McKenna and Nina from Lillie's Q delivered food using the Lillie's Q food truck to deliver and help plate and serve the food to the guests. They share their impressions of what sounds like a very successful event.

The church had nearly forty people currently living on Lower Wacker drive and under the expressway at Belmont. The group was brought to the church by bus and seated at long tables in the church activity center along side both church members and volunteers. They and the volunteers were served half slabs of ribs with slaw, beans, and pasta salad, donated by the IBBQA members. They all ate together and the church members went out of their way to interact with them socially (without being patronizing). Charlie, Nina and Barry walked around with the remaining ribs and offered everyone second helpings, they went through nearly all of them. The church was packing up whatever was left in togo boxes for people. It was quite amazing to see people who live on Lower Wacker, some of whom have been there for as long as 26 years, sitting around a table sharing a luxurious meal and conversation with the church members and volunteers."

Illinois BBQ Alliance takes bbq to a whole new level. It's not always about winning a competition, it's about taking your skills and using them to help others who may not be as fortunate as you. Something as simple as the event descibed above could effect someone's life more than you know. A $25 donation to Illinois BBQ Alliance can go a long way in helping someone out who's had a rough spell. In return, you have incredible odds to win a chance to attend Swamp Boys BBQ competition class. Help someone else out by purchasing a raffle ticket today.

• Thanks
Great story, thanks for sharing it. In the end, this is what it's all about. Well done IBBQA.

Sent from the swamp using Tapatalk

Do you have any more spots open in the raffle. I would pitch in for another one, but paypal wont let me.

We have 12 raffle tickets available for purchase with the charity proceeds going to the Illinois BBQ Alliance.

I have already purchased an entry, but if you let me know how, I would love to make a donation.

I bought one previously, but now all I get is the following message.

This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions.

Back