Pickled Pig Greetings

• Thread starter The Pickled Pig
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Pickled Pig

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me lurk around and absorb your collective Q wisdom. I've had the good fortune of learning from many of you in person at various contests but never knew about this fantastic resource. I could have saved a lot of time, heartache, and money if I had only known about the Brethren sooner.

The Pickled Pig has been cooking at KCBS competitions since we started in 2001. We mainly stick to contests around the KC area but have been known to venture out on a road trip from time to time. As a team, we focus on having a good time, often to the detriment of our entries. Some might even say we're a drinking team with a BBQ problem. To find us at a contest just wait until 11PM on Friday and listen for that one team that clearly doesn't understand the concept of quiet time.

In registering for this site, I can't help but to think I got the better end of the deal. In all seriousness, thanks to those who have organized and maintain this site. You guys do a great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, Paul... from your GAB neighbor. Sorry my wife wouldn't let you use our jon! LOL See you at Peculiar in a couple weeks. I saw you were entered.

Welcome, Paul... from your GAB neighbor. Sorry my wife wouldn't let you use our jon! LOL See you at Peculiar in a couple weeks. I saw you were entered.

I feel badly that your daughter was exposed to The Pig in our carnal state. I hope she's not scarred from the experience. And, I love your web site. We're hijacking several of your presentations and calling them our own.:wink:

We're trying something new (to us) at Peculiar this year. There's just going to be 2 of us and we're actually going to concentrate on the task at hand. There's a slight chance that our food will actually be edible.

I feel badly that your daughter was exposed to The Pig in our carnal state. I hope she's not scarred from the experience. And, I love your web site. We're hijacking several of your presentations and calling them our own.:wink:

We're trying something new (to us) at Peculiar this year. There's just going to be 2 of us and we're actually going to concentrate on the task at hand. There's a slight chance that our food will actually be edible.

That's fine... we changed some of our boxes anyway. :lol: There's only so many times you can do it and share your pictures before judges say "I've seen that before" and all the uniqueness is gone. :wink:

We're trying something new at Peculiar too. We're doubling the number of Jeffs on our team for that event! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back