Suggestions for Sides w Wings

I like a non-typical salad when I eat wings. Something like a cucumber/tomato/onion salad or an avacado/tomato salad. Other things that would go well with buffalo wings is a smoked mac and cheese or even potatos au gratin.

French fries of course! Use potatoes not store bought frozen bag. Put creole season on after done. Have a cup of ranch dressing for both the hot wings and fries. Add a couple of cold beers and your good to go.

Hand cut fries on the grill! I make mine using skin-on potato wedges. I cut the russets, coat with light olive oil or vegetable oil, season (how you like) and grill over medium heat on a perforated grilling sheet designed for veggies etc. You have to watch them so you don't burn them and flip a few times to get a nice crunch on the outside and a tender inside. They're farkin awesome and healthier than fried fries! I'm not health nut but hey we eat a lotta bbq it helps to shave fat where you can! :thumb:

Fries is a good one.....also the salad of different types, easy, fast, some cool against the heat.......

good ideas......

If you want some sweet with the heat ( although a bit if extra work)
......try PB & J 'Turds.....
PBampJTurds4-14-2013061.jpg

I used jalepeno jelly, for a double zing & purple basil jelly for a sweeter one.....

Carrot+celery sticks with blue cheese.

Why mess with the original combo, also beer, lots of cold beer.

You are probably gonna want to pick something that is finger food, using a fork after you have messed up your fingers is kinda awkward.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! That was quick. They all sound good.. and I love some fried pickles so we may have a winner there.

Got the beer covered,
Duchesse-De-Bourgogne.jpg

Can't say I disagree with BEER! NOTHING goes better with wings than ice cold beer.

I usually plan sides that I can eat with my already sticky fingers when doing wings. Mainly because I cannot STAND for my utensils to be sticky (I know...it's a personal problem).

So, fries or grilled asparagus or blanched or quick sauted green beans....they all eat like french fries.

Or perhaps tater tots?
Or even fresh, raw, stick cut veggies (carrots, red bell peppers, cucumbers, celery).

And DEFINITELY some blue cheese dressing for dippin. :thumb:

The blue cheese is a must!!! .. I already had tater tots one night this week but I like the way you think Wampus.

I got really lazy and just went with Tostitos and Spinach Dip. At least the dip is homemade (just not by me) at our local mom and pop grocery store. I need to get my veggies somehow.

Thanks Again Everyone!!

Fries is a good one.....also the salad of different types, easy, fast, some cool against the heat.......

good ideas......

If you want some sweet with the heat ( although a bit if extra work)
......try PB & J 'Turds.....
PBampJTurds4-14-2013061.jpg

I used jalepeno jelly, for a double zing & purple basil jelly for a sweeter one.....

whooooa nelly! That plate looks farkin awesome. Details... pleeeaase!

[Sorry didn't mean to veer off track - so many good ideas in this thread... beer, wings, and then that pic. Couldn't help myself].

Just wanted to update the thread w some pron. The wings turned out well.. the best I have grilled so far. The skin was ALMOST crisp, a couple of em were crisp, it was bight through. I think the baking powder along with allowing the wings to sit in the fridge to dry on wire racks really helped w the skin. I cooked this batch indirect at around 400 dome temp, next time I am going bump that up to the 425-450 range.

Pics

Going on the grill

Prior to Sauce.. Almost forgot this pic, wanted to show what the skin looked like prior to sauce

Finished and Plated

Thanks for the replies everyone. The wife doctored up the store bought spinach dip w some fresh parm, artichokes, salt and pepper. It was really good.

Back