"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Friday - either bacon wrapped pork fillets or a spatchcocked yardbird, haven't decided which but either of those will be done indirect on a kettle over some cherry.

Satuarday - I've got 10 pounds of jalepeno maple bacon to smoke along with a 5 pound brisket flat turned into pastrami. Also since the smoker will be going and I'll have plenty of room, I'm thinking seriously about tossing on a fatty to have for breakfast on Sunday.

Not Q but while the bacon and pastrami are smoking, I'm firing up the fish fryer and cooking up some crappie that I caught down in Mississippi a few weeks ago.

Just a little cook Saturday for a party at the farm for my son's HS graduating class, football & weightlifting teams. Couple of briskets, 4 butts, 30 chicken quarters, six pounds SL rib tip & trimmings, beans, slaw ice cream sundaies & smores by the campfire.

Sounds like a feast, those boys will love that meal! Congrats on the graduation!

I have 4 baseball games to attend Saturday so hopefully a couple tri-tips on Sunday.

Breaking in the UDS this weekend so starting simple. 2 whole chickens and a naked fatty.

17.5# Brisket going on tonight for tomorrow night
2x 9.5# Pork Butts getting placed on there somewhere along the way

Cleaning out my smoker since I didn't do it before I put it away for the winter. Might make a first attempt at some ABTs and MOINKS. Otherwise I will be busy brewing up a Maibock this weekend and prepping stuff for National Homebrew Day (next Saturday May 4).

It is going to storm here all weekend so I plan to run up to Memphis and pick up BBQ supplies.

Might stop by Memphis BBQ Co. on the way back for lunch.

Hey gang....been away a while. School has been killing me. I am firing up the UDS tomorrow and throwing on three slabs of babybacks, some ABT's, and a fatty.....all of which my inlaws will eat while I study for my neurology mid-term. Been killing me looking out at my lonely UDS this winter while I have been buried in the books.

I am also making a dip that I will post pron and a recipe for that will change your life.

Headed to a backyard contest this morning. Pork steaks, ribs, and chicken. Not to mention plenty of frosty beverages.

Turkey Breast, short ribs, some peppers, italian sausage and whatever else I can find to fill the Mountain.

Got a couple of pork butts (rubbed with SM Cherry) on the WSM right now. Cruising along at about 270.

Pulled pork sammies tonight with cole slaw.

Good stuff Maynard.

Rubbed 'n rolled ribs.

IMG_20130426_201747_577-PP.jpg

I'm at my son's place and the only smoker he has is the mini-WSM I made him so I rolled three racks of spares to go on his Performer. I trimmed the racks more or less St. Louis style and the trimmings went on the mini.

Back