Tex-Mex in Flushing, Chimichangas w/ Pron

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So, I wanted to smoke a Chuck Roast because I had not done so before.
I had a small 3 ponder, rubbed it with a Bourbon Rub from John Henry's and threw it on the smoker.

Before I show you that, allow me to show you my Probe Conduit Mod (I am proud). I installed a 3/4" nipple and added a reducing elbow (pointing down) so I wouldn't lose a lot of heat or smoke in order to get the wires out of the way.

DSC04903a_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04903_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Now on to the Chuckie, I then began the fire with Kingsford & Hickory, waited for it to settle and put the Roast in.

DSC04908_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

DSC04916_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

After about 5.5 hours the internal reached 205° and I placed it in a cooler wrapped in towels. Waited around an hour or so, then began to pull the roast.

DSC04918_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

I stuffed the meat in Flour Tortillas.

DSC04920_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Then gave them a careful dunk in my Fry Daddy.

DSC04924_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Let them Drain the excess oil.

DSC04923_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

The Finished and plated product of Chimichangas with Rice, Re-Fried Beans, Fresh Salsa, Sour Cream & Shredded Cheese.

DSC04927_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Even my mother-in-law liked them!

It looks good. I'd have put the rice and beans in the chimi...but that's just me.

Love the UDS mod too!

Yes sir. Plan on doing a CR next weekend. The final plate looks great.

Those chimichangas look great, especially with all the sides. Great idea. I really like your mod. for the probe.

Oh, that's some nice looking chimi there!

I HATE this forum, as it keeps making me add more foods to the "must be tried" list. :cool:

Back