• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicago deep dish

Big dawg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I finally got around to cooking a Chicago style deep dish. Me and the wife usually cook together on Sundays and watch tv its about the only time we really get to relax so we decided to try out this pizza. For the dough I used this recipe that I got from ballistic bbq on you tube wich turned out to be almost the same recipe I was already using for my other pizzas. I was raised in Chicago so I've had good deep dish pizza and this pizza turned out pretty close to some of the ones we've had in Chicago. My wife was really excited that we now know how to make deep dish. Here's a few pics.

12 inch cast iron
file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361901850.575206.jpg (129.93 KiB) Viewed 65 times

Sausage and pepperoni
file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361901937.120439.jpg (186.92 KiB) Viewed 65 times

file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361902023.007481.jpg (214.28 KiB) Viewed 65 times

file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361902047.291885.jpg (208.47 KiB) Viewed 65 times

file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361902068.284614.jpg (179.69 KiB) Viewed 65 times

file.php

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361902091.322143.jpg (160.1 KiB) Viewed 65 times

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-real-c ... zza-dough/

Jrow

JROW

Brilliant! I have the exact same cast iron pan and will be making one of these soon. I appreciate the tip. Deep dish is amazing, hit Giordano's every time I'm in Chitown.

Yep, that's a fine Chicago Deep Dish pie right there! I'll take two slices, please. :hungry:

That is a good looking pizza

They are quite different Titch. The crust on a deep dish can vary form almost a buttery type of crust to a cornmeal crust, some deep dish have one crust and others have a top crust as well.

In terms of taste, well, there is just a lot more of the stuff that tops the pizza. So, the bread is less important, the sauce and ingredients take more precedence.

That is a good looking pizza

They are quite different Titch. The crust on a deep dish can vary form almost a buttery type of crust to a cornmeal crust, some deep dish have one crust and others have a top crust as well.

In terms of taste, well, there is just a lot more of the stuff that tops the pizza. So, the bread is less important, the sauce and ingredients take more precedence.

Thanks for that:clap2:

Wow looks good brotha I've yet to try a deep dish on the Akorn, I'm inspired now. I'm a little saddened I wasn't invited to Sunday pizza dinner:cry:JK

Back