• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Ring bologna

NBBD

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
WP_000438.jpg

WP_000437.jpg

Based off of Len Poli's recipe except No phosphates and a mistake.... No paprika!

Thanks all, This is the second emulsified sausage we have tried making. We did some hot dogs last spring.

After stuffing we let it smoke over hickory for about 4.5 hours slowly raising the temp long the way Max cooker temp was 180

The flavor is nice and mild, Seems like it will be a good base recipe to experiment with... Here is the link: http://lpoli.50webs.com/index_files/Ring%20Bologna.pdf

I ate a little cold with my breakfast and we are having fried bologna sandwiches tonight. (Wife is pregnant so following orders on reheating all meats...So its the only way she will try it right now)

Working with 5lb batches and using our kitchen aid stand mixer for emulsifiying. We do 1/4 to 1/3 of the batch at a time and keep everything very cold... cold bowls, ice water/crushed ice on hand etc. I have read that alot of people use their food processors but since we have had sucess havent tried it that way.

Nice bacon hanger!

A great multi purpose tool!,

I keep meaning To make a little rack from dowels for blooming sausages after cooking, wife hates when I hang them that way off the cabinet handles...

Back