• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Contest Map Application

Once again Paul. Outstanding!!! I'm going to print this up on some nice paper and frame it. Never really realized now much area I covered... :shock:

Nice job, Paul. Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this. I've been swamped with work, trying to find a new job, and life with the family.

Per usual, very impressive. I'll have to start thinking about what I want next. Ha!!

Great job, Paul!

Since we're dreaming, how about some other suggestions...

1. Somehow indicate whether a comp is a State Championship or Jack qualifier

A red State Championship indicator now appears just below the name of the contest when applicable.

If anyone knows where a list of Jack quailifiers is available I can add that too.

A red State Championship indicator now appears just below the name of the contest when applicable.

If anyone knows where a list of Jack quailifiers is available I can add that too.

Paul you have to talk to the Jack or a psychic. Seems like it was a moving target last year. Look at Utah.
Merl

Wow...awesome! You definitely have surpassed the KCBS site! Great job and thanks for sharing!...oh, and thanks for adding our first year contest in May in Edwardsville, Illinois...It was a nice surprise to see it there! You rock!

Suzy Que

A few weeks ago Todd (Plowboy) suggested I create an interactive mapping application that visually depicts contest locations. A version of such an application is now available for anyone's use.

http://www.thepickledpig.com/ppapps/contesthub/contestmapper.cfm

The pushpins have info and links tied to them (i.e., results for prior contests). And you can use the legend to narrow the view to weekly.
Here's another event you can add:

The City of Bedford TX is having a Labor Day BBQ cook-off with $10,000 in prize money. The event is sanctioned by the KCBS. Enter at http://www.bedfordbluesbbq.com

That's an awesome map bro...thanks for putting it together. :p The only thing wrong with it is that there are NONE in Washington State...:mad: What the fark is up with that! :icon_sad

Thanks so much for listing Mainely Grillin' and Chillin'! We really appreciate it!!

That is Great...

That Mapping Application is pretty Nice Guess I will be DRiving to Boulder City to check out that Comp. I was at the OC Fair grounds in Costa Mesa.. It was Nice.. But Thanks for the Map..

A few weeks ago Todd (Plowboy) suggested I create an interactive mapping application that visually depicts contest locations. A version of such an application is now available for anyone's use.

http://www.thepickledpig.com/ppapps/contesthub/contestmapper.cfm

The pushpins have info and links tied to them (i.e., results for prior contests). And you can use the legend to narrow the view to weekly.

Paul
Atta Boy!!! Ribs To You!!!

where does one suggest an entry to be added?,, Here I hope.
Could you please add the follow KCBS event:
The Hoosier Daddy State Championship, New Albany IN Oct 9 & 10th 2009
www.hoosierdaddybbq.com

Thanks
Porkchop

hello

Is there a way to get the Midwest BBQ & Blues Throwdown listed, it is a KCBS sanctioned contest as well as a certified State Championship Event?

Thanks

This is the coolest or should I say 'que'est app. When does the mobile version come out?

Fantastic app.. Good job! Just waiting for one of those pins to show up near the Seattle area.

I love this app. Any idea when July and later will come out?

Back