• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Cooker

PimpSmoke

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
O.k.
So I walk into wally world and go over in the outdoor garden section and I see this
810-5501-0.gif

With a big yellow sticker marked down to $30. So I think "what the heck even if its a pig I can mod it and use it for extra space".
And it can be the baby to the daddy BSKD (family mod)

Curing the thing right now and it's been going for 2.5 hours at 260-275 with hardly any fluctuations. Nothing in it but oil and 3/4 a chimney of RO. Anybody have any experience with these? Did I land on a pot 'o' gold?

If anyones has ever cooked on one let me know.

Is that a "Great Outdoors". Never used one myself, but have heard good reports from others.

Even if it's not a good smoker, it'll make a fine bread warmer, or holding area.

No, it's made by Brinkmann. It's like a baby version of the BSKD's cook chamber.

By the way, still holding temp with only 6 more briquettes added. I'm gonna let those burn out and then put it away until tonight, then it's briskie time!

Huge improvement on fuel consumption over the SKD, for when cook for just us at home. Lookin like a good buy so far.

OK. Saw one of those at Menards. Was around $100.00 if I remember correctly. Good deal.

Ya did good Pimp. Those things been running just under 100.00 around here. Guess they are closing out stock for the year, huh,
My brother in Ga. has one of these that he uses [like u said] for small family cooks where he is not doing a lot of meat. It is not a WSM, but temps are fairly easy to control.

Pimper,

For $30 man you can't go wrong. If I would have seen something like that, no way am I leaving the some without it. Like you say it can always be modded. Ya just need an imagination. Good score!

PS, nice find Brother!! I think you'll really like it, for $30 bucks, how can you not like it!!

BTW-ya need to update your signature now:wink:

Good score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good snag Pimpy! My coworker bought one for $99, and thought he had a good deal. Let us know how she works out!

Hell ya couldnt buy the metal, nor the paint for that price. Let alone your time and labor to build it.

Mike

.... stop curing the thing ! Looks like a perfect place to store your hat. For $30. I wouldn't cook in it .... but it IS a farquer's good deal.

Chit yes .. I'm jealous ..... SCOOOOOOORE !!

I picked up one of those last June for I think about $60.00 form WM. I use it for things like making dinner and I don't wanna use a ton of fuel in the BSKD. It's been a good little cooker. I drilled a bunch of holes in the charcoal bowl and fitted a grate into it and I get WAY better air flow. I like it.

Pimp,

Was this the only one available? You could have bought the lot and made some Q money on Ebay :mrgreen:

Last one, the floor model. Thats I think why I walked with it so cheap.

Put the 13lb excel packer on about an hour ago and its raining like a mutha here. Temps are holding OK wit no mods so far.

Great Deal Pimp- Perfect For Them Small Cooks For You And The Family

Us Q'heads relish the find of a cheap smoker just like we relish a tough cut of meat rendered tender a juicy. I got a cheap bullet smoker for $25. I thought I would use it for camping. It worked great and gives me something to do during the day while camping. You can even cook light stuff like hot dogs and brats on the top grate for lunch while the chuck roasts are doing the low and slow on the bottom grate for supper. Now all I need is one of those wireless broadband cards for the laptop.

Back