• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Masters in May, Fremont, WI - May 3&4, 2013

Don't forget that all teams that are a member of the Great Lakes BBQ Association, will earn Team of the Year points! If you haven't signed up yet and are going to do at least 3 comps in WI, IN, IL, and MI, get over to glbbqa.com!

For those of you who dont know about the GLBBQA and their team of the year program, They have a Team Of The Year contest where it only takes 3 contest results to count. This a nice deal for most of us that cant compete a lot. This year for the first time Wisconsin teams and contests are included. All you have to do is be a member . I believe Sweetracks is administrator this season. Questions ? Give him a message . Knowing a few of the board members over there I think that with their growth this program will be outstanding. Also as a perk the leader of the overall TOY standings at the cutoff date for the world food championship gets an invite to that .

I'm in! 3rd comp, but 1st sanctioned for me. I'm competing under team name Smoke Infusion. I competed under Barbecuties in my 2 other events in Greenville (Now I bet Tim knows who I am, haha). That name was already registered so I finally came up with something else :) Can't believe the turn out for this event...I was #22 paid and was told there are 44 with verbal commitments.

Talked to the boys think we are going to head up to this event, maybe we can get the shanks out of the way before westmont?!? Lofty goal.

Campsites

Okay Guys, Don't all talk at once, but I am starting to help lay out sites for the MASTERS IN MAY. If you are paid and have a "special" need email me and I will do all I can when I talk to the committee to accomodate you.

They have one whole street of the campground that has 23 sites 9 back to back (18) , 1 single on one side of the street and 4 on the other side.
sites 151 thru 164 and 166 thru 174

They have one street along the pond with 12 sites facing the pond.
sites 251 thru 257 and 259 thru 263

They have another street with 8 sites 2 back to back (4) 1 single and 3 on the other side.
sites 56 thru 61, 71 & 72

some of these are assigned.

If you are using a cabin and cooking at the cabin let me know and I can free up some of the outside spots and bring teams in closer.

Thanks
Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

tjschopp@new.rr.com

Last edited:
Okay Guys, Don't all talk at once, but I am starting to help lay out sites for the MASTERS IN MAY. If you are paid and have a "special" need email me and I will do all I can when I talk to the committee to accomodate you.

They have one whole street of the campground that has 23 sites 9 back to back (18) , 1 single on one side of the street and 4 on the other side.
sites 151 thru 164 and 166 thru 174

They have one street along the pond with 12 sites facing the pond.
sites 251 thru 257 and 259 thru 263

They have another street with 8 sites 2 back to back (4) 1 single and 3 on the other side.
sites 56 thru 61, 71 & 72

some of these are assigned.

If you are using a cabin and cooking at the cabin let me know and I can free up some of the outside spots and bring teams in closer.

Thanks
Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

tlschopp@new.rr.com
id like to know how far form turn in my cabin was ..i was told it was right next to the campsites where the cookers will be but now it looks like three different areas for sites? either way id like to keep my camp site since i paid for it in my entry fee and there is electric and water at the campsite (i assume)
I did PM you asking for specifics on things but never heard back..I can email you if that works better

kave dweller

Yes they rent golfcarts. Will you be cooking at your cabin or in a designated campsite? doesn't matter either way, just want to setup the sites

My wife and I both got our confirmation email today for judging. Can't wait for this contest. Sounds like it will be big. Great venue for this too!

Confirmed teams

The committee says things should get interesting now! The MASTERS IN MAY has 48 verbal commitments, and is limited to 48 teams. This means the mad rush starts to get entries paid to be guaranteed a spot. As of today 30 plus are paid. They are still taking registrations because verbal commitments are just that..... VERBAL. But at least the $7500.00 purse is a given. If you are already committed but not paid get your $$$$$$$$ in and guarantee a spot. If you aren't committed but want to attend send your money ..... because everyone knows money talks and BS walks.

Thanks,

Tim Schopp

Masters in MAY Teams

I really hope we are doing this right! I have been in several businesses over 30 years and understand them well, but have only been involved in competition BBQ for 2 years. The MASTERS IN MAY has a limit of 48 teams, as we were getting close to having 48 verbally committed I let it be known on Facebook, the MASTERS IN MAY website and here at the BBQ BRETHREN. We are now at 51 verbally confirmed and 35 paid. We will still take any money and applications that come in until we hit 48, then start a waiting list. My question is this, some of these teams committed early on but have not paid, so in theory they could be left out of the event. Does this happen often?

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

Can't give you a definite answer Tim, but KY guess would be definitely yes, all the time.

But as long as you fill up its a good problem to have. You made clear its first come first serve. All u can do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Stoke & smoke or captain ron

I see this ILBBQS on peoples addresses. Do you have to live in Illinois to be a member? Looked at the website and membership is pretty cheap for what looks like a bunch of free info.

I see this ILBBQS on peoples addresses. Do you have to live in Illinois to be a member? Looked at the website and membership is pretty cheap for what looks like a bunch of free info.
i dont believe that it exists anymore..if you look at that site its all info from 2011

I really hope we are doing this right! I have been in several businesses over 30 years and understand them well, but have only been involved in competition BBQ for 2 years. The MASTERS IN MAY has a limit of 48 teams, as we were getting close to having 48 verbally committed I let it be known on Facebook, the MASTERS IN MAY website and here at the BBQ BRETHREN. We are now at 51 verbally confirmed and 35 paid. We will still take any money and applications that come in until we hit 48, then start a waiting list. My question is this, some of these teams committed early on but have not paid, so in theory they could be left out of the event. Does this happen often?

Tim Schopp
TIM'S FULL BELLI DELI

My check will go out tomorrow!

Kave dweller

I will hope with you it makes it, some guys are driving to Appleton to pay.

Last edited:
sweetracks

Yes we get mail everyday! And we pump in sunshine, full moons, and an occassional blizzard. Where do you think we live NEWAYGO!

Last edited:
Back