• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I cooked a brisket...

i hit it! Done got me a hankerin' for some brisket!

Looks great, do you trim just for the looks or another reason ?

Well... Yeah... Sort of :-D

There is a method to my madness :) There was quite a bit of fat and silverskin on the meat side of the flat, so I got rid of all that so the rub is in contact with the meat. Also, there is some hard fat in the area between the point and the flat that just doesn't render, so I trimmed that off. Also, the point has a lot of internal fat so I trim the fat on the point aggressively both to reduce the amount of grease left in the drip pan on the FEC and to get the rub in contact with the point meat.

Finally, the dangly bits that the butcher should have cut off will just turn into jerky so I took those off as well.

Well....that look just......just......NASTY. Gross. Altogether inedible.

Sure glad I didn't have to endure eating that.

:wink:

OH, OK.....I just licked the screen. :tsk:

Beauty Ron! :thumb:

Looks good, what did you glaze it with?

A little sauce that was in the fridge (Spicewine Blue Collar) thinned with some of the liquid from the foil. As I look at the last pic I should have thinned it a little more.

Looks Very good, Just like riding a Bicycle. If I ever go 10 months with out cooking and enjoying a Brisket call the undertaker Cause I'm Long gone:rapture::angel:

Looks Very good, Just like riding a Bicycle. If I ever go 10 months with out cooking and enjoying a Brisket call the undertaker Cause I'm Long gone:rapture::angel:

True. It wasn't by choice. We took last comp season off for my health and the only briskets or butts I cooked were for my graduation celebration from the Proton Center last August.

We're going to do a few comps this season so I figured I should see if I remembered how to cook :-D

Looks mighty tasty! :thumb:

Did you put pan (foil) drippings on it, or did you whip up something special to put on it after it was done?

What temp were you cooking at?

Ancient Chinese secret :-D

OK... not so secret. With the FEC I get good results starting out low (180) for four hours and then ramping it up to 250. Total cook time was about 12 hours.

Looks mighty tasty! :thumb:

Did you put pan (foil) drippings on it, or did you whip up something special to put on it after it was done?

Foil drippings. I tasted the drippings and they tasted good so I defatted some and added some to the sauce.

Back