View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 4
Default yakfishinfools Kyaking/breast cancer event. NE area brethren!

I locked the other thread so we can start planning fresh. Heres a link for reference if needed.

The Event is at Flloyd Bennet Field.

i cant get together tonight, but a meeting at Wilies tomorrow night is better. I will be talking to Joey shortly and getting the order in.

With Matt out of the running, we have no Grill.

BigBarry, think u can schmooze the rental place for a donation of a Big John? We will be glad to put up their sign. If not, anyone who can, bring a kettle. For cooker space its MOAB(and I may just bring the Bionic Bandera or the BYC) and Militants Squatters Spicewine.

Yak, can u please establish a meeting time and location for us to arrive and get setup. We need to be there around 10 to setup, and begin the pre-work party.

We will need a few tables for serving. I will have 2 extra, 2 more would be helpful.

Tonight I will post a strategy and timeline, but roughly;

Dinner Menu, 5-7PM saturday. Pulled pork sammy, chicken quater and corn on the cob with 3 sides.(potatoe,slaw, mac)

Breakfast 5-7 am sunday. Scrambled Eggs, bacon, sausage, rolls.

Arrive 10-11 Saturday. Setup and start party.
Dinner starts serving at 5. So chicken pit must be hot at 2 to start cooking.
BUTT pulling to begin at 4. WillieB will be precooking the butts on Friday so we just heat and pull and assemble sammys.

I will be cooking some "other stuff" during the day to entice, tease and torture. Dont know what, but who cares. (maybe chili?)..

Lets get a roll call going NOW of who is definately in and i will start with a preliminary plan to hammer out tomorrow night.

ROLL CALL!!!!

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote