Quote:
Originally Posted by bmolloy View Post
Big Cow Beef Injection
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup worcestershire
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne
Yep, that's what I've been using from Dr. BBQ's book! If I happen to grab a can of low sodium beef broth, I also will add some soy sauce to add some salt to the mix. I'm also thinking of substituting the soy sauce with a beef bullion cube as an experiment. I don't inject the entire amount from this recipe, almost though. IMO it doesn't give any overpowering flavor to the brisket. It just adds internal moisture & subtle seasoning. It keeps the brisket tasting "beefy", which is exactly what I want it to do.

As for the injecting itself... The first time I ever injected a brisket I injected both the lean and the fat side (Duh, I know better now ). The fat cap kept plugging my needle with fat. So now I only inject from the lean side. I inject in a pattern of rows. Each injection site is about 1" to 1-1/2" from each other within the row. Likewise each row is spaced about 1" to 1-1/2" apart. I inject the the entire packer this way (flat & point). Every time I refill the syringe, I stir the injection solution to suspend the solid ingredients. They tend to settle on the bottom of the solution quickly.