Ribs: Blues Hog Question

Sammy_Shuford

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I have 3 racks of ribs in the fridge treated with Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy Rub. These are going 5-6 hours NOT using 3-2-1. At what point can/should I glaze with Blues Hog BBQ sauce?

I have 3 racks of ribs in the fridge treated with Simply Marvelous Sweet & Spicy Rub. These are going 5-6 hours NOT using 3-2-1. At what point can/should I glaze with Blues Hog BBQ sauce?

I'm assuming your doing 225F, but I usually hit mine with a similar sauce 20-30 minutes before there done.

I hit mine with BH at the very end on a hot grill. I like to mix the original with the Tennessee Red.

30 min at the most, i usually do about 15-20, and do a real light coat. Just need long enough to soak up a little smoke, warm up and carmalize a little.

Beware, you are using a low-quality rub. Send it to me for proper disposal. :becky:

Back