New Guy with the BEST wife!

I

Indymule

Brethren, it is with great joy and adoration that I am able to join you.
I have talked about buying a smoker for some time now. My DW gave me a original Oklahoma Joe vertical smoker (Bandera) for Valentines day. (See why I say the BEST wife)

I will post some pics as soon as I am able. I found it locally on CL at a fair price. The seller and I had a great chat about smoking and he even through in some hickory and cherry. It is in excellent shape and is jugging away as I type this with some ribs and chicken.

I have done a little smoking in the past but have decided to learn from the Masters here to improve my Que.

Fanfarkingtastic! :clap2:

I'm guessing yer gonna have a great day...and night! :thumb:

Brethren, it is with great joy and adoration that I am able to join you.
I have talked about buying a smoker for some time now. My DW gave me a original Oklahoma Joe vertical smoker (Bandera) for Valentines day. (See why I say the BEST wife)

I will post some pics as soon as I am able. I found it locally on CL at a fair price. The seller and I had a great chat about smoking and he even through in some hickory and cherry. It is in excellent shape and is jugging away as I type this with some ribs and chicken.

I have done a little smoking in the past but have decided to learn from the Masters here to improve my Que.

Here is a link ref; Bandera. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42718

It is located at the top of Q-Talk section!

Welcome!

You are in for a treat... with your smoker and the new friends you will make here... and with your wifey all over again when she realizes what a smart move it was to get you a smoker (for her benefit!).

Congrats

You have an Oklahoma Joe's Vertical Roasting Oven. It was the forerunner to the Bandera. The Roasting Oven was built much better than the Bandera. I also picked one up off Craigslist about three weeks ago. I searched for about a year. I did the first smoke last week and it worked great.

Last edited:
Harris,

That's it. I got one just like it. It is in great shape. The grates are all in good shape and he still had the coal rake.

I am very happy. Picked it up last night and started cooking this afternoon. We just finished having some chicken that was juicy and delicious. My daughter and her fiance are coming over tomorrow for dinner so I did some ribs also. I will just finish them off tomorrow on the grill.

We are having ribs, baked beans, red skin potato salad and bread & butter pickles. I would post some pictures but I don't think my account is verified yet, it will not let me upload photos (It did with the avatar though?)

Thanks everyone. I'll post some pics when my account is verified.
I can't upload any photos yet.

Glad you joined us Jay and a big congrats on the OJ Bandera, nice score for you!

Welcome, Jay! Great looking rig you've got there! Gotta love a wife who understands (or at least supports) our delicious addiction...

My First!

Here she is on the first cook!
picture.php

This is how I got her.
picture.php

The firebox is also in great shape
picture.php

The first fruits
picture.php

Brothers and Sisters, I think I'm in love :p

Your "DW" is a very smart, and selfish woman.

You do realize, don't you, that she got you the smoker so that you would spend all night cooking and tending to it, rather than disturbing her peaceful sleep with your incessant pitiful pleas for sex! :wink:

Well at least you get to play with the smoker.

Back