• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My first time.....W/Pron

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
For lamb chops. I went to Costco a couple days ago to pick up a few things and strolled through the meat department to see if something looked good for dinner. I came across these;
100_5268_zps3653faf4.jpg

And I thought to myself......self, you've never tried these before, but they have been coming up at the Brethren forum, I should try those. So I brought those home, looked up a couple of recipes/ideas from the brethren, and came up with this;
Marinated these in some EVOO, salt, pepper, gr. garlic and some fresh rosemary;
100_5270_zpse49f2a19.jpg

Also had some "pops" to keep me happy;
100_5271_zpsa97044cf.jpg

And then while the chops were marinating I prepped my gilled vegies which were some mini squashes that I also found at Costco;
100_5267_zpsd734199f.jpg

And also started my other sides, just a basic rice pilaf and a cucumber/tomato salad;
100_5269_zps3cc066bb.jpg

Time for the chops, started those indirect on my Smokey Joe along with my vegies which were prepped with a little butter, salt and pepper;
100_5272_zps3eae93b3.jpg

100_5273_zpsa64721d7.jpg

Finished up the chops on direct heat along with the vegies. I let the chops rest about 10-15 minutes and then plated up;
100_5274_zpsc2ed9ed8.jpg

I need to really thank the Brothren here, cuz it was absolutely delicious!
100_5285_zps1c47eab8.jpg

100_5286_zps3dc50757.jpg

Thanks for looking, and thanks for the great advice!

Well the thread title made me a little apprehensive, but I'm glad to see that it's indeed about some delicious looking grub.

Very nice work there sir - I loves me some lamb!

Nice one.
try Garlic with a touch of lemon next time.
Nice price as well, I am paying about $13 a kilo for Loin.
Cheers.
Titch

Code 3 Those chops look delicious!! The Chocolate Bock caught my eye too. Have not heard of it. Sounds interesting. :grin:

That's one Mighty Fine Cook Sir! I've yet to try the lamb gig what with all the pork beef and fish running around. I do want some good lamb when I give it a go though. Looks like you found some of the best.

Titch, thanks, I'll try the Garlic lemon next time

Jeanie, The chocolate Bock really has an interesting flavor, a suttle cocoa background. I thought it was pretty strange at first, but somehow it works, but then I'm a little strange.:shock:

Back