• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tatonka dust?? Dizzy pig red eye??

J

jmoney7269

Anyone that has used this product, please lemme know how you like it and what you like it best on. Used to on pelletheads, there was this guy that uses garlic evoo and tatonka dust on everything. This was before it was for sale I think, but I'm highly considering trying this stuff. It looks way different and kinda gettin tired of just salt, peppa and garlic. Also dizzy pig red eye also has caught my eye, so has the Steve raichlen coffee rub.

I dont know about Tatonka Dust but I'm an advocate for Red Eye Express. I know Oakridge put out a coffee rub and I've heard good things but I haven't tried it yet.

I'll be using the Tatonka dust on some strips tomorrow so I'll let you know my results. It smells good and you're right it looks different from anything else I've used.

I've used Tatonka Dust on lots of stuff & even made fresh grilliing sausage with it as a base ingredient .... It's been good on/in everything really..... Though IMO it's at its best on beef..... Any kind of beef, don't matter.

Have not tried the Dizzy Pig Red Eye yet, sounds like some good stuff though.

I have not had either, but have read good things about the Tatonka Dust, the red eye sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing what folks think. I have a whole damn pantry full of rubs, enjoy playing with them all..................

I just might have to build a bigger pantry, lol.

KC

I use DPREE a lot on beef.We REALLY like it.I plan to order some TT Dust after reading Cowgirls post where she had a very positive review/opinion on it.

Someone has either kidnapped the real jmoney or hacked into his account here! :wacko:

Lol, naw, just wanna try something different. Odds are probably still gonna come back to my basic rub in a mason jar which is:
1/2 c kosher
1/2 c coarse black
1/4 c ancho powder
2 tbs granulated garlic
My true agenda behind this is brisket. I have a finishing rub that I use on brisket made here in Tx and we have been doin really good in comps lately. Last 5 cookoffs we have gotten 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 2nd so I do t plan on changing my comp recipe, just thought it would make a nice finishing rub on brisket when I pop it back in the smoker before slicing to tighten up the bark at home

Lol, naw, just wanna try something different. Odds are probably still gonna come back to my basic rub in a mason jar which is:
1/2 c kosher
1/2 c coarse black
1/4 c ancho powder
2 tbs granulated garlic
My true agenda behind this is brisket. I have a finishing rub that I use on brisket made here in Tx and we have been doin really good in comps lately. Last 5 cookoffs we have gotten 1st, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 2nd so I do t plan on changing my comp recipe, just thought it would make a nice finishing rub on brisket when I pop it back in the smoker before slicing to tighten up the bark at home

My brisket rub is very similar except I use chipotle, not ancho. I like it because it lets the beef taste dominate and the smoke do the talking. I understand the urge to tweak the taste though. I was just pulling your chain. :becky:

I put chipotle on briskie first rubbed in with olive oil. It's not in my rub Becaise not everyone likes chipotle. I think it taste far superior to cayenne. But your right about lettin the flavor of the meat and smoke shine through. Even though my comp brisket is pretty complex, everything adds to the flavor of the meat and smoke.

Back