• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stainless Grease Bucket

airedale

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I hated the galvanized grease buckets on my Camp Chef and Traeger pellet grills. Ugly, thin plating, looked like rusty junk almost immediately.

A couple of years ago I spotted this polished stainless steel bucket on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OYW8EO It replaces the ugly galvanized buckets, looks great, and cleans up easily in the dishwasher.

Not an earth shaking thing, I know, but I thought some of you with rusty buckets might benefit.

I appreciate the heads up. My galvanized bucket isn’t rusting but it did start leaking during my last cook somehow. A few drops of grease are finding their way through the seam in the bucket.

I use tin foil liners made for that purpose and put my bucket inside the smoker when I'm not using it.

I use tin foil liners made for that purpose and put my bucket inside the smoker when I'm not using it.

And speaking of drip pan liners.... they work for cooking things in too. I have some hobo potatoes in the covered one, but they are good for beans.

GpUuZoh.jpg

These are the exact liners I use. I get them from Jeff Bezos :mrgreen:
s-l300.jpg

You can go to Tractor Supply and get stainless buckets in different sizes. Look in the horse and pet section.

I bought a set of 3 stainless buckets from Tractor Supply earlier this year for garden use. They are about 1.3 gallons and were $19 for 3 of them. A little big for most grease buckets, but they had smaller sizes.