ribs & tri on a PBC

sparky'

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
wanted something easy. so i fired up my PBC and away we go.
finishingup005.jpg

flavored some ribs up w/ my new red mustard.
finishingup012.jpg

pretty.
finishingup017.jpg

marinaded a tri for 24 hours in T's M3.
finishingup013.jpg

need my tatonka dust. heavy dose.
finishingup018.jpg

everyone in the pool!
finishingup020.jpg

don't know how long they took. i go by the toothpick test. they look very good. nice color dude.
finishingup025.jpg

finishingup032.jpg

tri cooked until 135°. let rest. very juicy. love the M3 and the tatonka dust on it. tasty, tasty.
finishingup029.jpg

it so so very yummy. a great meal. i love this pit barrel cooker. so easy to use and no burnt food. everyone should get one.

Nice work, bro!

The PBC is an absolute killer tri-tip cooker. Season it, hang it, and cook it 35 minutes (on
average) and you get a perfect edge-to-edge medium-rare every time, as you can see in
the pic above. It really is amazing.

John

Santa should be delivering my new PBC today according to the elves at FedEx...can't wait to dangle my meat! :D

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

Looks great.

Can I ask where you picked up the wheeled cart for your cooker?

What temp does your PBC run at? I've had problems controling the temp in mine.

I've never tried to control the temp in mine. I just leave the intake where it
was when it was delivered (preset according to your elevation) and let it do
its thing. That's the beautiful thing about the PBC; there's nothing to adjust
or fool with.

That said, mine runs at about 275-290* at the rods, depending on the
amount of food in it.

PBCCook_1_3_630.jpg

John

Looks great Sparky! Love that Tatonka dust too. :cool:

The dolly is nice, but the PBC comes with a great welded (separate) horseshoe stand
that keeps it from burning your deck or grass.

PBC_1_9_630.jpg

I've used multiple barrels simultaneously on grass and you can't tell that they were
ever there. If you put it on tall or dry grass yourexperience may be much different. ;-)

John

Food looks great. So, I am a little confused as that looks very similar to a UDS. What makes a PBC different? The horseshoes??

Food looks great. So, I am a little confused as that looks very similar to a UDS. What makes a PBC different? The horseshoes??

Rather than re-hashing it here, go check out the videos at their site, or check out my
reviews and test cooks here.

It looks like a UDS, but it's much different.

John

For starters, its made from a 30 gallon drum verses the normal 55 for a UDS. That said, it can cook hotter using less charcoal than a UDS. A full basket in the PBC (which isn't much cause the basket is small compared to that of a UDS) can fuel a 275 to 300 degree fire for about 8 hours. If you check out the vids like Daddio suggests, Noah, the owner of the PBC Co. cooks a 10lb bone in butt in about 6 hours. Not good if you want real nice bark but still cooks it none the less. Hanging the meat is just plain cool too!

Those are the most notable differences but the best way to understand it is to take Daddio's advice and check out the company. Daddio and his reviews are the reason Santa is bringing me one for Christmas. :becky:

Great looking cook Sparky; the ribs look great and you could not have found a better fit than a tri-cut with Tatonka Dust... nice work!

Back