Creekstone Farms - Prime Brisket

I have used both creekstone and snf wagyu. While the creekstone is really nice bright white fat and marbling the wagyu marbling is better. Both turn out great and at our last comp we used the flat from the snf but the ends on the creekstone were better

Two time Chest to Chest brisket champion Andy Groneman uses them. Just saying... We also use them exclusively for the All Things BBQ brisket class and they are amazing. Great marbling, soft and supple, and really thick flats.

I use them. I am a big fan. I don't just use them for contests, I use their steaks, roasts and choice briskets for catering, demonstrations and special dinners at home.

Great products, great people to work with.

We started the year using them and I don't know if we got some bad ones or not, but we weren't happy with the results. Bought a couple SRF wagyus.. cooked one for practice and one for a comp side by side with the Creekstone prime and they weren't even close. The wagyu was much better. Completely different texture. Even when reheating the leftovers a week later you could still tell the difference. Again, we may have received some funky ones, but they weren't as good as the primes we used to get from GFS (when they were available).

With how much injections and rub and foiling with liquids people do, is there really a difference in brisket grades?

There CAN be a huge difference in grades.. BUT you have to remember that the individual brisket is not graded. The beef is. A prime brisket can have a lean brisket, and a select or choice brisket can have a nice marbled brisket. The individual cut doesn't always follow the overall grade.. but it usually does.

I had the chance to cook them a few times. They are a decent piece of beef. They have a great line of products. I prefer wagyu.

There is a local grocery store that is starting to carry some of their cut's. I inquired on getting briskets and they came back with $7 to $8 a lb and I'd have to by the whole case at a 60 lb average. Still kicking the idea around of ordering a case and splitting it with a friend. This thread is helping me make up my mind though.

There is a local grocery store that is starting to carry some of their cut's. I inquired on getting briskets and they came back with $7 to $8 a lb and I'd have to by the whole case at a 60 lb average. Still kicking the idea around of ordering a case and splitting it with a friend. This thread is helping me make up my mind though.

they offer free shipping from their website and a 10% KCBS member discount.

they offer free shipping from their website and a 10% KCBS member discount.

I didn't know about the 10% off for KCBS. I might have to try one of those out. Especially with the price hike SRF is/has implemented.

Used them one season and had an issue with consistency. Switch to SNF which was much better, then they too had consistency issues. Using Strube this season and have been very happen with them. The service from Big Poppa (who you order from) and Strube (where they come from) has been outstanding!

In my opinion, waygu has a different flavor then prime. It is earthy and rich. It almost tastes like a portabella mushroom. You can't get that same flavor with a prime. You can make a good brisket, but it will be different.

Eggspert

Back