The Assassin has arrived!

mep

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I ordered the Assassin Smoker and it arrived yesterday afternoon. The UPS Freight truck showed up and the driver set it down in the middle of my garage. The crating on this smoker is serious.

Then for the unveiling. It took me almost two hours to unpack and break the crate down. I was stupid in that I did all of it by myself. This thing is very heavy and I could have used some help.

Then I moved it to the patio behind the house. The smoker rolls very easily on concrete but not so easily on going cross country in my yard. But after much pushing and pulling I finally got it to its new home. Then I began the process of getting it ready for its first seasoning. I sprayed the insides with Pam and then loaded it with charcoal and started a fire.

I let it cook for about three hours at 300 degrees. Not to waste the heat, I threw on a naked fatty covered with some Dizzy Pig rub. It came out great.

The reason that I went with the Assassin it because I like the idea of the gravity feed and its size and capacity. It has 4 shelves that are 23.5" square with a minimum of 4" between shelves. The water pan is removable as well as the grease catcher to make for easier cleaning. It comes with a BBQ Guru DX2. Jeff and Robin Connelly were great to work with and answered all my questions.

I am looking forward to a much larger cook on the Assassin this weekend.

Only two weeks! that's fast!

Congrats on the new toy!

If you have to move it over grass or uneven ground take a strap of some sort (I use a wide tie down strap) and run it through the legs and pull with that. It lifts the front wheels up slightly so they don't dig in. You probably want a second person to make sure that you don't tip it on it's back :-D

If you have to move it over grass or uneven ground take a strap of some sort (I use a wide tie down strap) and run it through the legs and pull with that. It lifts the front wheels up slightly so they don't dig in. You probably want a second person to make sure that you don't tip it on it's back :-D

Great idea! Thanks!

That thing looks awesome but sheesh man you'll let anyone deliver your freight :twitch:

That's awesome!

When I've had to move something like that I've used two sheets of plywood and just kept laying them in front of each other.

Very cool!!!

I look forward to reading on how she works. I've been really eyeing the Assassin 28, and it is at the top of my list. I hope to pull the trigger on one late fall or early spring.

That's a real nice smoker you got there. Geez maybe I should contact them and see what it would cost to get one of those bad boys shipped up here to Canada.

Congrats on a great smoker, been to a few bbq festivals and everyone that had one loved it. Almost bought one myself but got a crazy deal on a lang 60 deluxe.

Enjoy:thumb:

Back