The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Amadillo Eggs (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16375)

Bigmista 03-09-2006 12:33 PM

Here's a pic of armadillo egg prep...

http://www.thesurvivalgourmet.com/images/egg_roll.jpg

capnamerca 04-15-2006 10:47 AM

BBQchef - can we add this thread to the roadmap? I was looking for info on Armadillo Eggs m'self, and had to search to find this thread. Just a thought.

The_Kapn 04-15-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnamerca
BBQchef - can we add this thread to the roadmap? I was looking for info on Armadillo Eggs m'self, and had to search to find this thread. Just a thought.

Done.

Good Idea!

TIM

Bill-Chicago 04-15-2006 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnamerca
BBQchef - can we add this thread to the roadmap? I was looking for info on Armadillo Eggs m'self, and had to search to find this thread. Just a thought.

Capn

A quick way to get something added to roadmap is:

Find the thread you want to add
Copy the URL of the first page of that thread
From the main forum page, look for a name of "Who's Online" that is listed in Green (Solidkick, TommyKendall, Parrothead, BRDbbq, etc)

Send one of them a Private Message with the URL pasted in it, with the request to add in Roadmap under "subject"

BBQChef will add it, but his moderators can also help out, sometimes a bit faster since Phil is a bit busy lately

Edit. See Kapn was already on it.

This note is just for general info for all

Kevin 04-23-2006 11:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Made some armadillo eggs today a little differently. Jimmy Dean sausage has gotten kind of expensive lately so I used ground pork. Pressed it out flat and seasoned with Tony C's. Rolled it up around pepper jack stuffed japs. Good eats. Made a fatty similar. Pressed 2# of ground pork out, seasoned with a sweet rub and stuffed with bell peppers,pepperoncini,green olives,garlic and onion. The ground pork doesn't want to hold its shape very well so I rolled everything up in wax paper and refrigerated overnight. That worked real well. This was a fun experiment. Gonna do some more with different seasonings. Maybe adobo or Old Bay. It never gets boring if you like to try new things.

Bill-Chicago 04-23-2006 12:34 PM

Kevin

You egg is staring at you

Looks good

qman 04-23-2006 12:38 PM

Looks good Kevin. That is a good idea to just use ground pork and season it yourself. Gives you more control that way too.

MrsMista 04-23-2006 05:56 PM

Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

qman 04-23-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsMista
Ground pork gives me ideas. Mista did a good one yesterday. Regular fattie with spinach, onion, garlic and monterey/cheddar mix.

Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

MrsMista 04-23-2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qman
Oh, glad to hear you got to taste that, I was worried.:-D
How was the turkey breast, it looked wonderful?

He knew better then to deny my twice in row.

The turkey breast was great. Good flavor, moist, semi-crispy skin. Just all around good eats.

motley que 04-24-2006 10:52 AM

When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

Kevin 04-24-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motley que
When i made my eggs, i took the roll, cut in half and stuffed with cheeze. Obviously my seal wasnt real good, because as it cooked it opened up where I made the seal. That I should be able to fix.

here is my other problem. I took some jalepenos, and stuffed with cheddar and put in the middle of the fatty. I smoked it for a few hours until they were done. When I sliced them, the meat was done, the cheese was melted, but the jalepeno wasnt cooked at all. It was like biting into a piece of celery. I am used to the pepper being softer like when i make ABT's. any suggestions?

I've never had the crunchy jap as you described, but I don't use whole sausage logs either. The way I make them the sausage layer is about 3/8 inch thick, each jap wrapped individualy. The original armadillo eggs as I first learned from the book "Peace Love and Barbecue" use bratwurst sausages with the casing removed. I just like to mess around with different flavors.

Credit where credit is due: Brother Midnight first brought recipe to my attention.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.