It's a PBC World and I'm just living in it

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
With all these PBC threads and yummy looking BBQ, I might have to consider a purchase. Dang it...just what I need...another pit...

From what I heard last night, Phil says the PBC makes this great chicken like Kenny Rogers Roasted Chicken. That was good stuff when I was in Connecticut.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phIUwHXwSes"]Kenny Rogers Reality Show - YouTube[/ame]

I have a ring made from an extra barrel that was just hanging around. Made it to hold a rotisserie but a few extra holes and some re-bar just may be in our future. Can't fit another cooker in at the homestead, so simple modifications and multi purposing are all I can do.

I have a brand new design for a, uh drum, I mean, PBC.......er kettle cooker. Stay tuned for more information.............:becky:

Ok, I think I've read all the PBC wars, er, threads.

Does it have just the one intake hole, and 4 holes for the rebar? A barrel, a top, 5 holes, 2 sticks of rebar and some hooks?

Does it have just the one intake hole, and 4 holes for the rebar? A barrel, a top, 5 holes, 2 sticks of rebar and some hooks?

and a grate if needed.

Oh yeah, and a charcoal basket

You can see all of the included gear in the picture right on the homepage http://pitbarrelcooker.com/

And I gotta say kudos to Noah at PBS, co. He's got EVERYONE on this forum talking about his product! Well done Noah & Patio! You've made pitbarrel cookers a household name on the brethren!

I've got a PBC. Love it. In the few days I've had it on the porch its produced two chickens, jumbo shrimp, spares, a picnic and a fatty. During any given day I get a ton of forwarded emails to "buy American" and "support the troops". For the price of a trip to the Sushi bar and a tank of gas in the Suburban, I did both. And I got a cool piece of equipment doing it. Belittling and making fun quit being cool between 5th and 6th grade.

I've got a PBC. Love it. In the few days I've had it on the porch its produced two chickens, jumbo shrimp, spares, a picnic and a fatty. During any given day I get a ton of forwarded emails to "buy American" and "support the troops". For the price of a trip to the Sushi bar and a tank of gas in the Suburban, I did both. And I got a cool piece of equipment doing it. Belittling and making fun quit being cool between 5th and 6th grade.

I hope this isn't a reference to my post above.

I just don't get it. Hanging the food in a UDS, same result, no? Maybe I am just not meant to get it. Whatever. No, wait, chicken, chicken only, I can see. Dark meat closer to the fire, but ribs, brisket or pulled pork, needs a grate man. Again, maybe I just WON'T get it.

:mad2: [Flame Suit On] :mad2:

I'm not makin' fun or belittling anyone, and hope it didn't come off that way. Thing is I already have 11 cookers and certainly do not need another no matter what it may be. Just saying that a couple of holes drilled into an existing collar and some 24" re-bar is pretty cheap. prolly won't do it though as the fat-in-the-fire taste is not for me and my family. Glad everyone is happy with their new toys though.

Great post! How did the shrimp come out?

Shrimp were fantastic. Hit them with some lime, jalapeno dusting salt, then wrapped in a corn tortilla with guacamole and pico. Outstanding. I have a poster of Albert Einstein hanging in my garage. Everyone asks "why"? It's because the damn thing makes me smile. Same thing with the cookers in my signature.

Shrimp were fantastic. Hit them with some lime, jalapeno dusting salt, then wrapped in a corn tortilla with guacamole and pico. Outstanding. I have a poster of Albert Einstein hanging in my garage. Everyone asks "why"? It's because the damn thing makes me smile. Same thing with the cookers in my signature.

Amen!

Hanging those shrimp must have been a real pain.

Einstein makes me smile.

No sir, not at all. But a few items were omitted. Stainless hooks, heavy duty neat design charcoal basket, grill, hook tool, and a horshoe base so the PBC is off the ground. Oh and I forgot, a business card with the owners personal email and phone number. And having emailed and spoken to him on the phone, they are good contacts. I decided, for me, supporting the troops and buying American and getting a cool smoker/grill in the process was neat.

I was expecting to see some killer q pics.. but nothing?

Back