• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Still getting my cook on in Afghanistan

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The Wing had a block party type deal, and of course POL led the way with cooking for the masses. We cooked pork steaks for maybe 400+ folks. two things to notice in the pic... We are not wearing armor! We wore armor quite a bit this summer... And, although you can't make it out, there is a bringer of pain flying over the building at the top of the pic too. Good timing when the pic was taken. I am the one on the left.

You guys are awesome. Your job is so appreciated. Glad you got to Bbq. May you all get back safely. Thank you for all you do!

You guys are awesome. Your job is so appreciated. Glad you got to Bbq. May you all get back safely. Thank you for all you do!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Keep cookin', keep fightin', and come home soon.

Really proud of y'all and y'all all be careful over there!

You guys ROCK!

Hope you all had a good feed.

My family thanks you for being there, and doing what you do each and every day for us. We owe you men and women a debt that can not be repaid.

Thanks man!
I feel like I owe you a pork steak for what you're doing over there. You'll be in my prayers Brother. Rock on.

A "bringer of peace", I assume is a C-130 modded to no longer need the "C" designation?

Of course if you don't show pics of the food, you're an ass.

I am glad you can get your cook on, I wish it was back here at home. Thank you for what you are doing.

I suppose a weapon that smells like BBQ might be an issue under some circumstances.

Thanks man!
I feel like I owe you a pork steak for what you're doing over there. You'll be in my prayers Brother. Rock on.

A "bringer of peace", I assume is a C-130 modded to no longer need the "C" designation?

Of course if you don't show pics of the food, you're an ass.

HAHA somebody knows their airplanes :wink:

And yes. I am an ass.. No plated pron...

HAHA somebody knows their airplanes :wink:

And yes. I am an ass.. No plated pron...

Dude !!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:
You can't do that. you HAVE to show pics of the food. dammit man.
smiley_-_spanked.gif

Regarding the aircraft, I'm not an expert, just a patriotic flag waving fan of machinery that's built to whoop ass. Those fancy modern stealth planes have all the fancy bells and whistles, but when it comes down to shear Puttin' the asswhoopin on I'll take an AC-130 gunship, or a Warthog any day.

Whoop dat ass boys. Be safe. Come home. Spread the word.

Thank you all for your service!!!
Feed your all your peeps the best you can.
Praying to you all for a rapid and safe return to the most awesome country on the planet...USA!!!
We Brethren are here to assist all your peeps in the art of low and slow.

We just welcomed home 21 AF folks assigned to the Army(RFF).

No pics, but they landed at the local airport today with a large welcome!

Thanks for what you're doing!
Spent 4 months at Bagram, and don't miss it a bit!

Dude !!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:
You can't do that. you HAVE to show pics of the food. dammit man.
smiley_-_spanked.gif

Regarding the aircraft, I'm not an expert, just a patriotic flag waving fan of machinery that's built to whoop ass. Those fancy modern stealth planes have all the fancy bells and whistles, but when it comes down to shear Puttin' the asswhoopin on I'll take an AC-130 gunship, or a Warthog any day.

Whoop dat ass boys. Be safe. Come home. Spread the word.

Hogs? Here's a good read for ya. This happens on a regular basis, but finally somebody did an article on em... This was in July.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDispl...ts-save-60-soldiers-during-convoy-ambush.aspx

Thank You for what you are doing there. Keep your tails down and an eye on your six. But when you can bring something like home there like Que it has to be an amazing feeling. Come home soon and once again THANK YOU!

Back