• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Valentine’s Day BBQ Chicken Pizza

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My wife and I rarely go out on Valentine’s Day anymore as every place is a zoo. (We usually go out a few days before or after the 14th to avoid this) Instead of going out I decided to make her one of her favorite meals, Pizza.
I started out mixing up some dough using a recipe from another board.
IMG_3684_zps09a5c54d.jpg

Sliced up some Chicken Tenders I had along with some Red Onion, Red Bell Pepper and grated some Mozzarella cheese.
IMG_3687_zps88cddcdd.jpg

Pre-Heated my kamado. Tried to get it up to 500 degrees but for some unknown reason 435 was the highest it would go. (I had plenty of lump but most of it was from a previous cook)
IMG_3693_zpsb83b19fb.jpg

Rolled out the dough on my handy pastry mat and spread on some BBQ sauce on. (Approx. ½ cup)
IMG_3695_zps5704f3ad.jpg

Then the Red Onion, Red Bell Peppers, Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato’s.
IMG_3696_zps2b1df278.jpg

Cover that with Mozzarella
IMG_3697_zps672e998e.jpg

And then on the pizza stone for 15 minutes.
IMG_3699_zps48a21c51.jpg

Here it is and man was it good!
IMG_3700_zpsfca6c40b.jpg

Happy Valentine’s Day.
IMG_3702_zps1c05d298.jpg

That looks great. I would prefer it without the peppers and onions but I love Pizza with BBQ sauce on it instead of traditional sauce. You did a great job on that pizza.

That looks great. I would prefer it without the peppers and onions but I love Pizza with BBQ sauce on it instead of traditional sauce. You did a great job on that pizza.
I used be the same way. I used to hate onions of any kind but now I love em. (Cooked of course)

Kudos! that's a great looking pie for your sweetie.

I'm learning on my BGE, and I've also had a hard time getting high temps when relighting used lump. With mostly or even 50% new lump it is much easier for me.

Kudos! that's a great looking pie for your sweetie.

I'm learning on my BGE, and I've also had a hard time getting high temps when relighting used lump. With mostly or even 50% new lump it is much easier for me.
Thanks. I was worried about the amount of used lump when I lit it. Lesson learned.

Back