anything but

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
The Red Neck BBQ in Sikeston Mo has a anything but category. It is a Friday night and free to enter. Two Questions- Should I even try this since this is my first comp. What are some of the dishes that have worked for you guys in other comps for a category like this.

Thanks,

larry

If you feel comfortable doing it. Since its free and doesn't go to the overall if you say forget it at the last second its no real big deal. I have done well with fish. Trout to be more specific.

big blue bbq said:
The Red Neck BBQ in Sikeston Mo has a anything but category. It is a Friday night and free to enter. Two Questions- Should I even try this since this is my first comp. What are some of the dishes that have worked for you guys in other comps for a category like this.

Thanks,

larry

Give it a shot if it won't interfere with your prep work etc...

Since it's Friday night it shouldn't interfere with the KCBS categories, so I say go for it. As far as ideas, some guys have had success with a pork loin stuffed with a fatty (I think it's in the KCQuer Roadmap in the Qtalk forum.

We took 2nd place in the Anything But at the Racine, WI Zoo-B-Que with this...

DSCN1560.jpg

It was a themed Anything But in that we had two use tow out of three, beer, cheese or brats. We made brat kebabs with a beer-mustard glaze.

Back