prices for ribs

scottjess

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am new to the US and have been looking at prices of ribs since arriving 3 weeks ago. For winter is $13 high for a rack of spares? that is the average price I could find in the supermarkets here in Reno.

I am imagining that the price will be lower in the summer?

thanks.

You have to tell us how big the rack is, really meaty spares that might be a good price. really small trimmed ones that might be expensive.

You are better off giving the price/lb. Right now, in KC, a couple stores are running sales on spares @ $1.99/lb which seems to be decent for this time of year IMO.

I will get the prices for you :) going to be picking up a couple of racks for dinner.

At the local grocery store here they're $6.99/lb. :shock: :crazy: At BJ's or Costco it's normally $3.49/lb and $2.99/lb on special.

I've been getting untrimmed spare ribs for $2.49 a pound and baby backs for $3.99 a pound.

Right now here in NJ, two local butchers have them on special at $1.99 a pound for pork spare ribs (not Baby Backs).

I just bought 2 cases for Superbowl Sunday.

Hi guys

I am new to the US and have been looking at prices of ribs since arriving 3 weeks ago. For winter is $13 high for a rack of spares? that is the average price I could find in the supermarkets here in Reno.

I am imagining that the price will be lower in the summer?

thanks.

Seems like its a bit higher in the winter here in Michigan. Right now its $2.49/lbs for spare, and $4.69/lbs for baby back. I buy from a meat counter, rather than packaged slabs, however, I would imagine your package should have a lbs breakdown.

-Dan

in New Zealand I was paying $6.35 for scrawny ribs, some of them were even shiners.

I usually get them at the Reno Costco and they are usually $2.79 - $2.99 lb for spares.

in New Zealand I was paying $6.35 for scrawny ribs, some of them were even shiners.

What are lamb prices there? I recently paid $8.48 US for lamb loin chops.

Edit: $6.35 NZD would be $5.36 USD at today's exchange rate. $8.48 USD => $10.04 NZD

What are lamb prices there? I recently paid $8.48 US for lamb loin chops.

Edit: $6.35 NZD would be $5.36 USD at today's exchange rate. $8.48 USD => $10.04 NZD

Lamb is actually cheaper in USA than it is in New Zealand AND the quality of lamb is better in the US.

New Zealand gives all its good meat to the international market and keeps the crap stuff which it sells for a premium.

Bought 9 racks of Baby Back Ribs yesterday at RD $2.39/lb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

I stopped buying meat at Costco for the most part. I can get them a lot less theses days from the local butcher.

Our local market was advertising pork spare ribs for $1.38/lb. I went in to look... the smallest rack was almost 18 lbs.:-o Just about 25 bucks. :shock: Sam's club is usually about $2.99/lb. here for nice spares.

I am paying $2.21/# for bbr. I buy them buy the case from Sam's. Their regular price is 2.99/#.

Back