I'm very proud of my son......

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday was a beautiful day!!!!!

Had a few refreshments.

30431F0E-5D88-4CFD-8889-74649C7A06E8.jpg

We did some ribs. Only trimmed the flap and removed the membrane. To lazy to cut into St. Louis cut.
Smoked with pecan wood at 245-265

B7B9E54D-16D9-4CE6-99E8-C111841CD418.jpg

51F369EA-D528-4839-9A90-1B8B9ACC2FC7.jpg

Here it's plated. Ribs were good. A little over cooked.

6397199D-A362-4387-9201-D3A9FD781955.jpg

This made my day. My son finally learned how to use his bike with no training wheels. Took 3 sessions of 1 hour so but on Sunday he told me that he wanted to practice more and for me to leave him alone.

I did it old school style. No helmet and long sleeve shirt in case he falls.

Here are 2 Instagram videos.

http://instagram.com/p/lnk8CbRZBh/

http://instagram.com/p/lntLgqxZBK/

Thanks for stopping by.

Tony and Maribel

The food looks great as always!

Its great that your boy is riding without training wheels, he's growing up.
It's sad that your boy is riding without training wheels, he's growing up.

That's how I felt when my kids started riding without training wheels.

In 7-8 he will want learn how to drive. :sad:

First great looking ribs, next Good for your son for taking that next step and for you and Maribel for being there to help him do it!

Was Mom peeking out the curtains praying for a safe ride? :) :) :) :)

Great jobs you guys!!!!!

Food looks great You should be proud of your son He looked great Its fun watch your son grow up Please have him wear a helmet

Enjoy it while it lasts! Then they become teenagers and know everything and think your embarrassing lol. Seriously I miss those days like you had today. Congrats!

Awesome!!

I want to train my daughter when I get my Shirley Fab smoker next month. Just wondering how to get a 16 month old to understand the importance of keeping the right temp :)

Man, does that bring back memories. Thanks for the videos. I've got 2 boys and remember every second of them learning to ride their bikes. Ribs look great too!
That said, I agree with Big George about the helmet. My youngest has had 3 concussions that he got from falling on the sidewalk(well he did run into another kid at a full run), and 2 skateboard falls. He broke his helmet on both skateboard falls so you don't have to be going fast.

In my day there was not any helmets for bike riders. I fell a few times, and there was no apparent damage, a few times and there was no apparent damage, a few times and there was no apparent damage. :doh: I do believe in using a helmet for the young-uns. Great times and grand memories for all. Ribs ain't bad looking either.

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Congrats on the bike riding and those tasty looking ribs! I taught my Grandson to ride last year, and he can ride in a straight line pretty good, however turning is a problem. :doh:

Back