• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More Plowboy Chicken

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
Todd,

I did another couple of skinless/boneless breasts with your rub tonight. I'm still likin' it. Are any other reviews in yet?

DSC01314a.jpg

Ha! Looks familiar, Wayne! Glad you're liking it. Haven't heard from anyone yet except Mr & Mrs HoDeDo.

Looks wonderful as usual thirdeye!

Todd, rub and sauce was in the mail box this afternoon. Smells good even through the plastic but thats as far as I got so far.

I havent done a write-up yet Wayne... But we really liked it. I usually use something more savory on chicken... thyme, coriander, etc... But this rub had a nice base, and just enough heat at the end to be fun. Kids could still eat it. We did Boneless breasts, bone-in skin on breasts, and we did a batch of 8 thighs as we would for comp. -- substituting the Ployboy Rub for our standard Chicken rub. Also used the honey mustard Blues Hog to finish 1/2 of them. We really liked that.

I like thirdeye's pics. I have the same plates (stashed away since we got the new set) and I can imagine his food on my table. I would've rather had some of that chicken tonight instead of the crappy leftover lasagna I had.

If someone wants to write a review for The Cook's Kitchen (my other site)-- even if it appears here first, that would be great....spread the word, Todd!

Write a review here first though........

SmokeyBear said:
Those breasts look great. I'd appreciate a rundown on times and temps.

No skin, no rib bones and not much fat pretty much demanded grilling. I did them on a small but hot fire for about a half hour. Pulled them off at 155°.

backyardchef said:
If someone wants to write a review for The Cook's Kitchen (my other site)-- even if it appears here first, that would be great....spread the word, Todd!

Write a review here first though........

Thanks for pointing to your other site ... the Get Your Grill On blog has alot of useful information ... threw it into Google Reader so I can keep an eye on it! Thanks again.

I got the rub yesterday along with my sauce order. I'll try to use it this weekend if the weather cooperates.

Plowboy,

I have not received my samples yet. I got your PM letting me know that they were being sent.

My pack showed up today, probably thur/fri till I can do it justice.

biffleg said:
Thanks for pointing to your other site ... the Get Your Grill On blog has alot of useful information ... threw it into Google Reader so I can keep an eye on it! Thanks again.

www.getyourgrillon.net has an amazing staff of writers. :wink: I hear the compensation sucks though.:cool:

bbqpigskin said:
Plowboy,

I have not received my samples yet. I got your PM letting me know that they were being sent.

I'm traveling this week. I'll check when I get back in case you don't get it by Friday.

Could be problems with our shipping department again. Those guys are lousey!

bbqpigskin said:
Plowboy,

Plowboy said:
Could be problems with our shipping department again. Those guys are lousey!

I got like 20 samples already. Thanks a million Plowboy :wink:

Back