weber q maintenance

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
started to have some starting issues with my q220. i knew it wasn't the tank etc as once it started it heated up just fine. the spark was so so but
still tried to light. so i took a close look and found some of the burner holes plugged up but some other didn't look right. i also found that the plate thats over the spark tip was not adjusted correctly. so i took a gas welding tip cleaner and cleaned out all the holes. after that it started right up with the flame burning around the burner quickly. i don't use the q that much but it seems the holes get messed up purty quickly.
so if you think something is off, make sure to clean the burner holes out !

I've got the smaller one that I've been using for about 8 years or so. Great little grill for tailgating and for those of us who still live in apartments. :)

I ran into the plugged hole problem a little while back. I used metal shish skewers to work the flavor out of them. Still pluggin' along. Still never been cleaned. :)

whenever i start having issues with my q120, I fire it up, and let it burn thru a tank of gas, burns off all the crud on the grill and the burner

Back