Sirloin Tip Roast w/Pron

Big_AL

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Made a little tip roast tonight on the grill, sliced it thin then bathed it in a light jus.

First rubbed the roast with a light coat of oil followed by a rub of granulated garlic, onion powder, seasoned salt and black pepper.

RoastandribsJuly2010010.jpg

Then, grilled over a pan of onions, carrots, celery, beef stock and water.

RoastandribsJuly2010015.jpg

Pulled it at 130.

RoastandribsJuly2010019.jpg

Rested for about 15 mins then sliced as thin as possible.

RoastandribsJuly2010025.jpg

Put the slices in the pan with the jus. Mighty tasty...even the kids ate it!

RoastandribsJuly2010026.jpg

RoastandribsJuly2010027.jpg

Thanks for looking.

AL

That's looks really good. I love smoking sirloin tip, but haven't done one in several months or so. We usually buy kaiser buns and top the thin slices with cooked onions and bbq sauce or horseradish sauce. It's a monster of a sirloin sandwich.

That's looks really good. I love smoking sirloin tip, but haven't done one in several months or so. We usually buy kaiser buns and top the thin slices with cooked onions and bbq sauce or horseradish sauce. It's a monster of a sirloin sandwich.

Thanks. I would liked to have gone the sammy route but but the wife and I are trying the low-carb thing...trying to get down about 10lbs. Low-carb is perfect for me...meat, meat and more meat!!!!

Thats Beautiful!!!

I assume you have your coals surrounding the Vegetable pan? Oh, how hot were you running the heat if I might ask?!!!

Thats Beautiful!!!

I assume you have your coals surrounding the Vegetable pan? Oh, how hot were you running the heat if I might ask?!!!

Thanks. I banked the coals to one side with the foil pan on the non-coal side under the roast. I kept all vents open the entire cook taking the meat to temp. I didn't measure the grill temp as my old Kingsford kettle doesn't have a thermo.

Thanks. I would liked to have gone the sammy route but but the wife and I are trying the low-carb thing...trying to get down about 10lbs. Low-carb is perfect for me...meat, meat and more meat!!!!

Nothin' wrong with that....You watch the sauces (sugars), and you can eat all the bbq you want, too! To tell the truth, I need to do the same. We could call it the texas bbq diet...lol..

Thanks. It was only about 2 1/2 lbs and took about an hour.

Thanks for the info! I'm taking a stab at one right now. I'm doing mine on the rotisserie on the gasser because the wife isn't big on the whole "smoky" BBQ taste. :shock: I know, I know! What can you do? Lol!

Back