Crock Lobster

zydecopaws

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Cue the B-52's for this one, the CrockaQue made an appearance at the Northern California (Bay Area) Bash, and under the guidance of SmokeJumper was pressed into action cooking this monster:

IMG_2996.jpg

After some brief screaming and thrashing about, the lobster was convinced to split itself in half and jump on the CrockaQue.

IMG_3000.jpg

SmokeJumper not only supplied the lobster but also some herb butter that was liberally applied at the beginning of the cook. During the process the lobster was continually bathed in fresh butter, and the results were pretty darn good. The claws took a little longer to cook, and had to be returned to the grill after the rest of the lobster was cut up and passed around.

IMG_3002.jpg

About the only complaint I heard about the lobster was there wasn’t more of it. Although I seriously doubt anyone went hungry with all the other food that was cooked during the day...

Hmmm...I can honestly say I've never seen a lobster split itself in half like that before. You guys on the coast really know your seafood!

Love seeing the Crock-A-Que in action again!

It was amazing how many of the people suddenly disappeared when it came time for the the lobster to give it's life for the cause...

I know someone was taking pictures of the splitting process. I would appreciate it if whoever did that would send me a copy... :crazy:

The CrockaQue rocked the lobster. It was buttery, tender, and delicious. You are very right when you say the only bad thing is that there wasn't more. Next year we will bring a whole pod of lobsters and we also have to come up with a CaQ dish to up the ante.

Back