• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First chicken into the briny deep...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Of my fridge. Using Patio Daddio's turkey brine... Looking forward to tomorrow's dinner.

Happy....
photo3.jpg

In the brine - I did cut down on the salt some since I used table salt and there is salt in the Old Bay...

photo2.jpg

Rinsed and back in the fridge to dry off...

photo1.jpg

OK - I'm a believer!!!

John - that was the most moist tender chicken I have ever cooked.
Had an oven stuffer roadster that I tossed in the brine last night around 10:00. Took it our this morning about 10:00 and rinsed it.
Cooked it in the oven (sorry guys) @ 350° for 2 hours and let it rest for 15 minutes.

As we were finshing dinner Big Al said - "wonder how that would work with a deboned turkey, cause they are on sale for $0.59/lb right now.... "
Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Next time I will use all the salt called for. Very subtle flavoring, which was nice. Will be sharing this one.

OK - I'm a believer!!!

John - that was the most moist tender chicken I have ever cooked.
Had an oven stuffer roadster that I tossed in the brine last night around 10:00. Took it our this morning about 10:00 and rinsed it.
Cooked it in the oven (sorry guys) @ 350° for 2 hours and let it rest for 15 minutes.

As we were finshing dinner Big Al said - "wonder how that would work with a deboned turkey, cause they are on sale for $0.59/lb right now.... "
Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend...

Next time I will use all the salt called for. Very subtle flavoring, which was nice. Will be sharing this one.

Woo hoo! I'm really glad that you dug it. That's what it's all about -- sharing and enjoying
making happy eaters.

John

Back